Spievey?

Not4cy

Friday afternoon and still no word? The longer this plays out, the better I feel that he might come back.

I think he knows what he wants to do - go to the NFL. However, he may be getting feedback that he will probably not be drafted until the 5th or 6th round this year but could move up to possibly 2nd round next year with some more development. If my guess is correct, it would make financial sense to stay in school.

I think he knows what he wants to do - go to the NFL. However, he may be getting feedback that he will probably not be drafted until the 5th or 6th round this year but could move up to possibly 2nd round next year with some more development. If my guess is correct, it would make financial sense to stay in school.

I agree completely. I believe that he doesn't like school but if he stays for 1 year, it would make sense financially.

Are you going to "Bank on it"? Are you shocked BB went early? You seemed to think he was coming.

2 of 3 staying would be great news!!

Are you going to "Bank on it"? Are you shocked BB went early? You seemed to think he was coming.

2 of 3 staying would be great news!!

I believe Bulaga is making a huge mistake. I hate to say it, but in my opinion he will be a huge bust. Hope I am wrong. I guess take the money and run. He might be a 2nd round pick though. He would have been a top 10 pick next year.

"He might be a 2nd round pick though."

That would be a shock. I'm pretty sure he did enough research to figure out that he was a sure fire first rounder.

agree

but also agree that Amari may not be hearing what he'd like to hear in terms of round

Something that makes it all the more difficult of a decision is the coming
change in Rookie Pay next yr. It could be as bad as next years 2nd rounder
will receive this years 5th rounder pay....plus if he goes now he will have been paid for a year.

A very tough call...he's a great kid..I wish him the best.
It would be fantastic if he came back and played so well
that he became a first round draft pick!

I believe Bulaga is making a huge mistake. I hate to say it, but in my opinion he will be a huge bust. Hope I am wrong. I guess take the money and run. He might be a 2nd round pick though. He would have been a top 10 pick next year.

He may or may not be a huge bust but that will have nothing to do with him leaving this year. Buluga is a sure fire first round pick, thats the reason he's going. He's not going to be able to significantly improve his situation by staying another year. He had everything to lose and nothing to gain. I don't see how anyone could say leaving early is a mistake.

He may or may not be a huge bust but that will have nothing to do with him leaving this year. Buluga is a sure fire first round pick, thats the reason he's going. He's not going to be able to significantly improve his situation by staying another year. He had everything to lose and nothing to gain. I don't see how anyone could say leaving early is a mistake.

I agree its the right decision for Bryan particularly since he seems to be focused on the Bradford thing. But another year of instruction from Kirk, workouts from Doyle, and accolades from not just the Big Ten but national awards.... I think it could have been very possible for him to crack the top ten next year. Not sure where that payday compares to a late first rounder with the changes coming but it seems like it could have made financial sense to stay.

I agree its the right decision for Bryan particularly since he seems to be focused on the Bradford thing. But another year of instruction from Kirk, workouts from Doyle, and accolades from not just the Big Ten but national awards.... I think it could have been very possible for him to crack the top ten next year. Not sure where that payday compares to a late first rounder with the changes coming but it seems like it could have made financial sense to stay.

Due to the restructuring of the contract after this year, the rookies in the first two rounds will potentially make much less next year than this. Thus, a rookie coming out this year that gets drafted late in the first could potentially make loads more than a rookie coming out next year going top 10. Of course, it's a gamble. Nobody knows how the contract will come out.

As for Spievey, he probably wouldn't go in the 1st two rounds this year. However, in what would be a weak draft next year, he almost undoubtedly would. Financially, it makes sense for him to stay. Of course, you know what Grandma said about a bird in the hand.

BB will go mid 2nd round no later than third round. If he were to stay he would go top 7 draft in 2011.

Latest posts