spievey to safety

michhawk76

I live in Michigan which you can probably tell by my name, and I watched the Lions preseason game last night. Spievey played most of the night on defense (with the first and seconds) and was always at safety. He did some good things, but he looked like he was thinking way too much. I think when he gets comfortable, and instinctual at safety he will do well. The attached article talks about the switch.

Lions move rookie Amari Spievey to safety | MLive.com

I live in Michigan which you can probably tell by my name, and I watched the Lions preseason game last night. Spievey played most of the night on defense (with the first and seconds) and was always at safety. He did some good things, but he looked like he was thinking way too much. I think when he gets comfortable, and instinctual at safety he will do well. The attached article talks about the switch.

Lions move rookie Amari Spievey to safety | MLive.com

He will make a good safety. He was never afraid to stick his head in there on a tackle.

It's been a great transition for Charles Godfrey; maybe it will work for Amari the same way!

It's been a great transition for Charles Godfrey; maybe it will work for Amari the same way!

Amari's biggest weakness I always thought was his hips. He was more than fluid enough to be a top-flight college CB (like Godfrey). But in the NFL, that's not enough. NFL corners are the best of the best, and are VERY fluid with their hips; they can turn and run with just about any receiver, and do it quickly and easily. Spievey probably won't be able to do that in the NFL like he did in college. Safety is probably the better fit, for the same reason that it is for Godfrey.

Amari's biggest weakness I always thought was his hips. He was more than fluid enough to be a top-flight college CB (like Godfrey). But in the NFL, that's not enough. NFL corners are the best of the best, and are VERY fluid with their hips; they can turn and run with just about any receiver, and do it quickly and easily. Spievey probably won't be able to do that in the NFL like he did in college. Safety is probably the better fit, for the same reason that it is for Godfrey.

that's what I meant to say :eek::D

great post, tm :)

Latest posts