Special teams?

from what i could tell the kick coverage was good. there is a lot of young guys and they are flying down the field to make a play. the only problem i saw was the kicks were not going too deep, that may have been weather related.

from what i could tell the kick coverage was good. there is a lot of young guys and they are flying down the field to make a play. the only problem i saw was the kicks were not going too deep, that may have been weather related.

I'd have to attribute the kicks to the weather. Meyer fell on his a** after one of his kicks, and I can't imagine that he was able to put everything into it without losing his footing.

I don't know...it seemed like it took some time for our kick coverage to get down there. It may have been a result of lower kicks, but they weren't engaging until they were between the 20-25 yard line. My guess is the weather and Meyer's footing and not getting as much on the kicks and I'm hoping that's it.

My only negative for the game was the special teams kick-off coverage. As mentioned, our guys didn't seem to engage the returner until he was nearing the 20 yrd line. There were some gaps in coverage too. Against a Tenn directional school we will be able to get away with it but against Big10 teams we are going to get hurt if it doesn't improve.

Weather certainly played a part in it but we need to work on it.

Latest posts