Something I hate about all fanbases

BSpringsteen

I really wish that as a fanbase (and this is NOT UNIQUE AT ALL to Iowa) we could keep an even keel about our coach as it relates to non football related items.

Kirk is having a disappointing year and in many ways has had a disappointing second half of his career. But the nonsense that happened today, the attitudes of the reporters and the attitudes of the fans piling on would be totally different if we were in Wisconsin's position coming off two straight Rose Bowl's and our tickets punched to Indy.

This has nothing to do with the validity of questions being asked, but more the glee in getting a negative reaction to them out of Kirk.

If we want to fire the coach because he sucks at coaching, than that's great. But I hate the mob approach to a guy who has been nothing short of a great ambassador to the U.

/rant.

Bruce, I concur and posted something similar...if Iowa were 8-2 right now, people would be hunting down reporter's cell phone numbers and threatening them on the boards. Guaranteed.

How dare you ask for some "civility" in this day and age of whiny, b!tchy, entitled fans who hide behind anonymity on message boards and phone lines and will turn on their teams and coaches at the drop of a hat...

Silly Mr. The Boss!

I really wish that as a fanbase (and this is NOT UNIQUE AT ALL to Iowa) we could keep an even keel about our coach as it relates to non football related items.

Kirk is having a disappointing year and in many ways has had a disappointing second half of his career. But the nonsense that happened today, the attitudes of the reporters and the attitudes of the fans piling on would be totally different if we were in Wisconsin's position coming off two straight Rose Bowl's and our tickets punched to Indy.

This has nothing to do with the validity of questions being asked, but more the glee in getting a negative reaction to them out of Kirk.

If we want to fire the coach because he sucks at coaching, than that's great. But I hate the mob approach to a guy who has been nothing short of a great ambassador to the U.

/rant.

Although I feel I might be in the minority, I couldn't agree more with this.

I kind of agree... however I also "hate" when other fans tell other fans what a good fan is.

That's just a waste of time really.

I kind of agree... however I also "hate" when other fans tell other fans what a good fan is.

That's just a waste of time really.

+1. I get the OP's message and don't disagree... But to expect a fan base to sit by with big grins on their faces when the team stinks, is just naive.

+1. I get the OP's message and don't disagree... But to expect a fan base to sit by with big grins on their faces when the team stinks, is just naive.

I just wish the fan base would ***** about the football team, not about his press conference style.

Good Post Bruce. It's crazy to see how many people are personally attacking Ferentz after everything he's done for the University and football program.

Or complain about him being stubborn and stuck in his own ways, but saying that he just doesn't care and has mailed it in is stupid and disrespectful.

Oh poor Ferentz - sitting in with his millions of dollars, fame, love and admiration of thousands.

Getting to do what he loves more than anything.

I feel so sorry for these guys.

I don't really care about press conferences that much

However I think ferentz' psychology is interesting - I think if he would just "let go" he possibly could be a lot better coach.

but..... but.....It's KF's job to provide entertainment, self esteem, fulfillment, affirmation to my vicarious attachment to Iowa football. When the hawks suck my pathetic life is exposed !

There is a strong belief among many that Ferentz jumped the shark at Iowa within the past two to three years. I don't think he will ever regain respect in the eyes of many fans/posters on HN.
Meaning, I think y'all need to get used to him being attacked and mocked for every little thing. It's the "new normal".

Latest posts