So who really has the keys

BigRedPowrWagon

People have said that Notre Dame, Nebraska, or Texas holds the keys to the confrence implosion

Personally i think its Notre Dame. If nebraska says yea well join but then Notre Dame says yea well join. Big 10 says, slots full to Nebraska and takes just ND. Leaving nebraska cold and lonley without a conference.

Depending on the scenario,it could be a number of different teams.

1. If ND is resisting,then Cuse could be the key to the implosion of the Big East that forces ND's hand.
2. If Texas is interested,then Nebraska opt in which could force the implosion of the Big 12 that makes Texas available,which in turn could motivate ND.
3. If Texas stubbornly wants A & M with them,then A & M could make the call on Texas,A & M,then Neb, and ultimately ND joining in.

Many permutations to this rubics cube.

It's not ND, if they join the Big Ten and the BT is fine with 12 teams it doesn't affect any other conference.

I think at this point Nebraska and Mizzou are sort of a package deal, I would guess that if one goes the other will be coming along.

I don't think Texas does anything unless Nebraska and Mizzou jump ship they have things way to good right no in the Big 12 with the way their revenue sharing works.

That’s why the Big 12 conference gave Mizzou and Nebraska the time limit to make up their mind and yet didn't give the Big 12 south schools that were rumored to be heading to the Pac 10 the same time limit.

I think until someone makes a move nothing will change and Nebby and Mizzou are the two most likely schools to make the jump and start a domino effect for all the other schools and conferences.