So what does the Foster decision mean?

longtimer

If he decides to go to Iowa It just means McCaffrey can win a recruiting battle! I'm sure he is a good player and would be a great addition to the team but he is not Lebron. Added to the class Fran has already assembled he probably moves us from a bottom 3 class to maybe middle of the pack in the Big Ten. Alone he is not going to project Iowa as a team on the rise? Does give McCaffrey some kind of momentum that he hasn't been able to produce in his tenure so far
If he decides to go to Iowa State it just is one more sour note in the Iowa program under McCaffrey. Will be a nice addition to the Iowa State program but not the only talent they have been able to attract to their program which clearly is superior to the Iowa program in terms of getting good players, winning championships going to the tournament and sadly in fan support.
I know this wont go over real well with Iowa fans but is reality. I have been a fan for a long time and seen some great times in Iowa basketball and will continue to be one but it's hard to see anything but mediocrity in the future

He’s not a game changer, so it really only means Fran can’t recruit legacies or much of anything else for that matter

Latest posts