So that's it, huh???

Playmaker

Barta says we aren't talking until after the last game, and we just have to sit back and live with it. Ohhh, I see.....big bowl game coming up....too busy strategizing...gotcha. Kick back in your warm secure nest which affords any coach lucky enough to land a job at the U of I.....a more secure position than a Supreme Court Judge. After the totally accurate comments spoken by the Nebraska AD, I would think that Barta would at the VERY LEAST hold one press conference out of shear EMBARRASSMENT....but why would he? What does he have to fear by not doing it? What are Iowa fans going to do about it? A: Nothing. Iowa has nothing but a bunch of cowardly sheep for fans....and letter jacket wearing girlfriends for media. This whole thing sucks, and makes me more mad by the day...we have NOBODY to blame but ourselves for letting this go on season after season after season. A week from now we will be busy trying to predict our bowl score, deciding where to watch the game, and trying to decide if cousin Jimmy grew enough over the last 6 months to fit into a Men's Small Iowa Sweatshirt for Christmas. Enough is enough....my heart wants the seniors to go out with a win, but my head wants Iowa to get drilled by half a hundred. ANYTHING, to speed up the process of a TOTAL house cleaning of the football program. And I mean TOTAL CLEANING....NOBODY retained unless the new head coach wants them retained. That is the only way to do it.

Last edited:
Ole_Miss.jpg

will drop half a hundy on us if we draw them. Total schlacking you will want to turn it off after the 1st quarter.

I think the OP raises some good points. It is true that the Hawk fan devotion in many of us will keep coming back to Kinnick no matter the product on the field. I parted way with my season tickets last year because I just couldn't justify the time or financial commitment.

I don't fault fans who still go... On the flip side, that blind loyalty won't do much to escalate a change. I do think it is simply time to start over. We have seen enough. This season (in my opinion) was Kirk's last hurrah to show he still can get it done. If we played one of our schedules from year's past we would be lucky to be sitting with 3 or 4 wins. This was The easiest schedule I can remember in my 35 years of being a Hawk fan. And right now, this time eerily reminds me of the end of the Fry and Alford regimes. There is just too much noise and apathy from fans for this program to move forward with this staff.

i hate admitting I have fallen into the category of being one of those apathetic fans. I simply lost any interest to drive to Kinnick on Saturday afternoons.

Remember the old Globetrotters cartoon from the early 70's where Meadowlark would work his arms like an automatic revolving windmill and pour in hook shot after hook shot at such a frantic pace that the scoreboard finally blew up....well.

Barta says we aren't talking until after the last game, and we just have to sit back and live with it. Ohhh, I see.....big bowl game coming up....too busy strategizing...gotcha. Kick back in your warm secure nest which affords any coach lucky enough to land a job at the U of I.....a more secure position than a Supreme Court Judge. After the totally accurate comments spoken by the Nebraska AD, I would think that Barta would at the VERY LEAST hold one press conference out of shear EMBARRASSMENT....but why would he? What does he have to fear by not doing it? What are Iowa fans going to do about it? A: Nothing. Iowa has nothing but a bunch of cowardly sheep for fans....and letter jacket wearing girlfriends for media. This whole thing sucks, and makes me more mad by the day...we have NOBODY to blame but ourselves for letting this go on season after season after season. A week from now we will be busy trying to predict our bowl score, deciding where to watch the game, and trying to decide if cousin Jimmy grew enough over the last 6 months to fit into a Men's Small Iowa Sweatshirt for Christmas. Enough is enough....my heart wants the seniors to go out with a win, but my head wants Iowa to get drilled by half a hundred. ANYTHING, to speed up the process of a TOTAL house cleaning of the football program. And I mean TOTAL CLEANING....NOBODY retained unless the new head coach wants them retained. That is the only way to do it.

True Dat!!

To quote Michael Brown's step-dad. "Burn this b**** down!!!!"

All it says is nothing is going to happen. If anything, an assistant or two will be gone. But hey why start the search now when others are when we can have the leftovers or bring people out of retirement if we need replacements.

When change does take place, I can promise you one thing....Iowa will not be able to find it in their heart to let any assistant go without a job "somewhere" with the University. The committee will choose some Jason Garrett type puppet who is forced to retain several of the assistants still under KF. That is the Iowa way...always trying to show off for the world whilst not understanding that the world does not care.

Q:Risk still worth taking? A:HELL YES!!!

I like your rage, but what exactly are you asking us fans to do? Bon fire for all our Iowa gear or something??

I blame myself...I should have sold those trendy junk bonds when I had a bid....and been one of those big $$$ money guys...

...then I'd be on the course in the islands, on my watch-phone screaming at the AD and Pres that "even if I'm not always there to take it all in every Saturday, that the U of I is embarrassing me with my cigar and golf pals, and that I want a change in regime immediately...or some bigger heads are gonna roll"....dang if only I had known when to sell. I'm sorry ya all.

Ole_Miss.jpg

will drop half a hundy on us if we draw them. Total schlacking you will want to turn it off after the 1st quarter.

Not a chance. It would be a close game if Iowa and Ole Miss were to meet in a bowl.

(FYI--I predicted 7-5 before the season, so my prediction is pretty-much good as gold.)

All it says is nothing is going to happen. If anything, an assistant or two will be gone. But hey why start the search now when others are when we can have the leftovers or bring people out of retirement if we need replacements.

Don't worry, some major program will probably fire some of their coordinators this year, and KF can swoop in and snap them up.

It would make no sense for Barta to say anything about the future of the football program until after the bowl game. If he says anything negative, it would have a detrimental impact on the players...that would be dumb. People would read into whatever he says and there would be speculation all over the media. If he would come out with a statement that everything was happy and good with Iowa Football, it would start another firestorm. Just be patient and see what happen after the bowl game. That is when we should absolutely expect a statement from GB.

Remember the old Globetrotters cartoon from the early 70's where Meadowlark would work his arms like an automatic revolving windmill and pour in hook shot after hook shot at such a frantic pace that the scoreboard finally blew up....well.

good visual. Here's another....from the past..

Bugs Bunny against the gashouse gorillas.
baserunning.png

I see your lips moving. But all I hear is Bla Bla Bla Go Hawks