so nobody's going to make a thread about the defense?

mrolympia

I didn't see one so I'm gonna have to start it..............the defense was worse today than I can ever remember in the KF era. They looked like a bad high school team trying to tackle and taking bad angles out there. Hopefully it was just bye week rust because they've generally been pretty good this year, with the exception of pass defense vs uni.

2012 against Michigan & Northwestern was pretty bad too. At least they were against legit QBs. Indiana scored 15 points with a LB playing QB today.

Thankfully the starting QB for Indiana went down....would have been at least a white knuckler down to the very end. It was kind of that way anyway.

Not looking forward to Gordon and Abdullah running all over us, thankfully both teams have terrible QBs.

Alston was disappointing. Just totally out of position and painfully slow on Coleman's 80+ yd TD. Lowdermilk looked really awful at times. Even King got burned horribly at least twice. Overall bad defensive effort.

I have been worried about LB and Safety play all year and it showed today. LBs running around blocks and over pursuing and Safeties taking bad angles.

This thread would be more appropriate if we lost. Just seems like a reason to *****. Our defense has bailed us out of most games so far.

I was definitely concerned by what I saw out of the rushing D today, but that has always been a pretty strong point in the KF era, so I have to have faith that it will get corrected this week and will be much better next week. I sure hope so.

Hard to judge the dB's without seeing game live....TV only follows the ball....run defense missed some tackles, and played good containment on the edges. That Coleman kid has had 200 against almost every team and is fast. I think the qb situation for them certainly played to our hands. How many times have we seen the backup come in and shred us.

Our D will adjust and they continue to improve in most areas...the a slight letup today in stopping the big inside runs.

Defense has been great all year... It was supposed to be our weakness.

They are allowed to have some hiccups.

If by hiccup you mean finally play on offense with a pulse, then I agree.

316 yards rushing to Indiana??? that isn't a hiccup, that is a stroke.

Call me a kook, but I think that Coleman is the best RB in the conference. I have no idea how Illinois or Iowa didn't snag him out of Orland Park. The guy's top gear puts the other RBs in the conference to shame and we lacked discipline on all 3 of his monster runs. The defense had about 5-6 bad plays and we have great film for things to work on and yet we still got the W. That Coleman absolutely punished Mizzou. He is very legit. Gordon had 3 or 4 huge runs against NU last weekend, but he didn't have the top gear to outrun the whole D. Coleman is a special ball player. Instead of bagging on our inexperienced LBs, I'll assume they'll learn from it and I'll congratulate Coleman on his great game.

Call me a kook, but I think that Coleman is the best RB in the conference. I have no idea how Illinois or Iowa didn't snag him out of Orland Park. The guy's top gear puts the other RBs in the conference to shame and we lacked discipline on all 3 of his monster runs. The defense had about 5-6 bad plays and we have great film for things to work on and yet we still got the W. That Coleman absolutely punished Mizzou. He is very legit. Gordon had 3 or 4 huge runs against NU last weekend, but he didn't have the top gear to outrun the whole D. Coleman is a special ball player. Instead of bagging on our inexperienced LBs, I'll assume they'll learn from it and I'll congratulate Coleman on his great game.

He is definitely legit. Podolak also thinks he's the best in the conference.

Latest posts