So, let me get this BCS poll right

NewEraKinnick

First, I do need some clarification on how it works...

Does the Computers take into effect the human rankings?? Or do the computers do their own thing and then combine those results with the human rankings??

Cool.

Being Iowa is #1 in all but One computer, I can't see those computers lowering Iowa any less than 2 or 3 if Iowa wins out. Northwestern, Indiana will lower them a bit but OSU will take them right back to one. Then Minnesota. Of course PSU winning out, Arizona will help. Just thoughts.

Know BCS is just to date but still kinda cool that Iowa is #8 human, #1 computer. Biased.

the thing iowa has in its favor with regard to the BCS is that it has already done what it had to do for the computers, b/c what the computers take into effect is primarily out of iowas control. of course wins and losses they can control, but SOS they can't, and they've proven that to the computers, whether they stay on top (not very likely) will have to wait and see. A team like Boise will have a hard time moving up the computer ranks, so they are virtually handcuffed. But the human polls iowa does have some control over, and some impressive wins can boost that. I'd rather be in a position where we need to boost the human polls rather than have to boost the computer.

the thing iowa has in its favor with regard to the BCS is that it has already done what it had to do for the computers, b/c what the computers take into effect is primarily out of iowas control. of course wins and losses they can control, but SOS they can't, and they've proven that to the computers, whether they stay on top (not very likely) will have to wait and see. A team like Boise will have a hard time moving up the computer ranks, so they are virtually handcuffed. But the human polls iowa does have some control over, and some impressive wins can boost that. I'd rather be in a position where we need to boost the human polls rather than have to boost the computer.

ya i agree. computers are way harder to trick than live people...

Latest posts