So, is Jordan practicing?

InGoodCo

obviously you can't really tell with this or for this event, but he certainly looks like he's involved and at least working out a little.

Not sure but look at Kriener's guns in that pic. Seems like the Hawkeye basketball team found a really good batch of Steroids in the offseason

Not sure what this means but he's all by himself in the last pic (behind Joe W's head), while Fran is addressing the rest of the team.

I'm obviously reading into it....it was just curious to see him in his practice uni, I assumed he was likely still rehabbing at this point (and obviously could still be).

Listening to Fran - 8 weeks ago would have said no chance that Jordan plays this season, now after seeing him the last few days, he's not sure.

I really hope he can play this season. The Hawks will be strong down low this season so he, (and others) will get open looks from the perimeter.

Hope JBO makes a prudent decision. Gotta be 100% to go.
Watched the kid play with the plantar issue 2017(very painful) and the hip last year.

He will go into my book of all time Hawkeye favorites. The games against IU & JNW in Carver are forever etched in my head.

If JBo can play this year it certainly will change my outlook for the team. He certainly has his flaws but his shooting and experience brings something to the table which could be very useful this year and take a lot of pressure off Joe T as a freshman.

If JBo can play this year it certainly will change my outlook for the team. He certainly has his flaws but his shooting and experience brings something to the table which could be very useful this year and take a lot of pressure off Joe T as a freshman.

He's good for at least 4 more wins I would say... at least it feels like he hits a few game winners at least every season and goes off at least a few times that gives Iowa some comfortable leads.

Jbo will definitely go down as one of my favorite Hawks to ever play... I don't care if it's this year or next, I just want him to have a healthy senior year. I would still say he's not playing this year.

He's good for at least 4 more wins I would say... at least it feels like he hits a few game winners at least every season and goes off at least a few times that gives Iowa some comfortable leads.

Jbo will definitely go down as one of my favorite Hawks to ever play... I don't care if it's this year or next, I just want him to have a healthy senior year. I would still say he's not playing this year.

I hope JBo has a healthy senior year but I think it would be ideal to have it be this year allowing Joe T, Bakari, CJ to get a big 10 schedule under their belt before throwing them into the fire.

I hope JBo has a healthy senior year but I think it would be ideal to have it be this year allowing Joe T, Bakari, CJ to get a big 10 schedule under their belt before throwing them into the fire.

Bakari only has 1 season I think, but yes ideally I'd go with that too.

Hope JBO makes a prudent decision. Gotta be 100% to go.
Watched the kid play with the plantar issue 2017(very painful) and the hip last year.

He will go into my book of all time Hawkeye favorites. The games against IU & JNW in Carver are forever etched in my head.
It's also not any kind of intuitive leap to say the planter fascitis contributed to the hip issue, considering he tried to play on the former his sophomore year.

As a runner I've had both, though no surgery needed. But I do go to the chiropractor about twice a year to get my lower back adjusted near the hip socket. I have no doubt trying to push through nagging issues can affect the hip. My job doesn't help the situation either so that's more precautions. But I occasionally get those spasms down near my hip that only allow me to sleep in one position until I see chiro.

One factor in his decision could be Wieskamp. If this is indeed Joe’s last year I’d think JBo would want to play alongside him.

On the flip side, if Joe returns the 2020 team could look pretty stacked on paper with JBo (hypothetical):

JBo / Joe T / Cmac / Ulis
CJF / JBo / Wieskamp / Ulis
Wieskamp / Pmac / Sibley / Till
Nunge / X Foster / Sibley / Till
Garza / X Foster

One factor in his decision could be Wieskamp. If this is indeed Joe’s last year I’d think JBo would want to play alongside him.

On the flip side, if Joe returns the 2020 team could look pretty stacked on paper with JBo (hypothetical):

Garza / X Foster

Joe is good but I don't see any chance of him having an opportunity to leave after next year. I'd be shocked if he left early at all but we'll see.

That lineup doesn't look too bad. Next year could be long without JBo though. Maybe I'll be wrong. We should be ok on the inside but guards have me concerned.

Joe is good but I don't see any chance of him having an opportunity to leave after next year. I'd be shocked if he left early at all but we'll see.

That lineup doesn't look too bad. Next year could be long without JBo though. Maybe I'll be wrong. We should be ok on the inside but guards have me concerned.
You should listen to some of Wieskamp’s interview’s about the NBA draft process. It might change your stance on that.

Garza / X Foster

I'm torn. I want Wieskamp to stay but I also agree with the win now mentality if he leaves. The only thing is, idk if JBo could be in the kind of shape he was last season at any point this year. He's an ironman, but part of why he was significantly improved last year was because of his stamina to grind on both ends. Given, he wasn't a superstar on defense last season, but he was a heckuva a lot better and I just don't think he could get there in time for this season.

Without JBo this season, I think we're a fringe tournament team. With him, I think we can make a run. But next year, with a healthy team, Wieskamp back, a stronger PMac, senior year Garza and Pemsl (unless his suspension runs 2 years), and hopefully some high level freshmen, we'd be looking at one of the best rosters in Iowa history.

Side note, if you're Foster, I think you try to feel out who's coming back next season before you commit. If JBo and Wieskamp are gone, I'm finding greener pastures for my 1 year stop.

I'm torn. I want Wieskamp to stay but I also agree with the win now mentality if he leaves. The only thing is, idk if JBo could be in the kind of shape he was last season at any point this year. He's an ironman, but part of why he was significantly improved last year was because of his stamina to grind on both ends. Given, he wasn't a superstar on defense last season, but he was a heckuva a lot better and I just don't think he could get there in time for this season.

Without JBo this season, I think we're a fringe tournament team. With him, I think we can make a run. But next year, with a healthy team, Wieskamp back, a stronger PMac, senior year Garza and Pemsl (unless his suspension runs 2 years), and hopefully some high level freshmen, we'd be looking at one of the best rosters in Iowa history.

Side note, if you're Foster, I think you try to feel out who's coming back next season before you commit. If JBo and Wieskamp are gone, I'm finding greener pastures for my 1 year stop.
I like a lot of what you said here. A couple things I’d disagree with.

Nunge is going to be ahead of Pemsl in my opinion. Honestly I think this will be Pemsl’s last year here (not becuase of the suspension). I think he will grad transfer to a UNI or something like that for his senior year. He’s kind of a tweener player at this level given his size and not having an outside game.

Foster is not a one and done player. Wherever he goes I actually expect people are going to be frustrated with his production level as a freshman, due to all the hype. His ranking is based on his potential but I don’t think he’s there yet or will be as a freshman. There is a reason the Duke’s and Kentucky’s didn’t offer. Actually to that point I think Iowa would be a great fit for him because with Nunge and Garza we won’t be asking him to take on more than he can handle as a freshman.

It will be interesting if this pay to play endorsement thing comes to a head. Players like Carton or Foster very well could end up staying closer to home. Gotta imagine their marketability will be much higher in eastern, Iowa then say, Lawrence, KS or Columbus, OH. That's probably going into the minds of recruits already. \

I like a lot of what you said here. A couple things I’d disagree with.

Nunge is going to be ahead of Pemsl in my opinion. Honestly I think this will be Pemsl’s last year here (not becuase of the suspension). I think he will grad transfer to a UNI or something like that for his senior year. He’s kind of a tweener player at this level given his size and not having an outside game.

Foster is not a one and done player. Wherever he goes I actually expect people are going to be frustrated with his production level as a freshman, due to all the hype. His ranking is based on his potential but I don’t think he’s there yet or will be as a freshman. There is a reason the Duke’s and Kentucky’s didn’t offer. Actually to that point I think Iowa would be a great fit for him because with Nunge and Garza we won’t be asking him to take on more than he can handle as a freshman.

On Pemsl - I think he's a lifer. He's a guy that would have been a Hawk no matter what. He's beloved in Iowa City and I think he'd stay for his senior season even if Fran took his scholarship away. I've never heard a word from him that would give me pause about the duration of his tenure here.

On Foster - I agree he's probably not a one and doner and that the big boys held off because of it. But I think he might believe he is being underestimated (funny to say about a 5 star guy) and will be evaluating schools from that lens. I haven't honestly paid enough attention to try to glean what kind of a guy he is though, so maybe he's more of the Wieskamp lunch pail mold.