Slam Dunk Competition

shoarsy8

Any one watching this garbage? Only 4 players...no one knows who they are so Kenny Smith has to try to be funny to draw attention from that. Dunks are lame..

What happend to when there were 8 guys and they were the superstars not the left overs cause no one wants to do it.

The NBA is just a big joke.

What do you all think?

Any one watching this garbage? Only 4 players...no one knows who they are so Kenny Smith has to try to be funny to draw attention from that. Dunks are lame.. What happend to when there were 8 guys and they were the superstars not the left overs cause no one wants to do it. The NBA is just a big joke. What do you all think?

In my opinion the NBA is just fine, in fact I really like it a lot. With that said, the new set up for the dunk contest is terrible. It is awful. A bunch of no names and a new system and its terrible.
This is the first year with this new setup and hopefully the last.

Basically every dunk as been done before and everyone has seen it so this is what you get now. It is a joke and if this is what it has become then it should just stop. Maybe someone could dunk over Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Superfly Snuka? The cast of Jersey Shore?

Any one watching this garbage? Only 4 players...no one knows who they are so Kenny Smith has to try to be funny to draw attention from that. Dunks are lame..

What happend to when there were 8 guys and they were the superstars not the left overs cause no one wants to do it.

What do you all think?

You are right about slam dunks. It's gotten old and tiring after even after they brought it back after it got old and tiring about 10 years ago.

One change the NBA could consider is bringng some ballers from Chicago, New York, LA etc that could "compete" for some shots from James, Griffin etc for a million $'s.

As for the NBA in 2012 it has some of the most competitive, athletic and exciting BB ever. Even some teams, coaches and players that know how to play the game. Problem being is they all get paid way too much, are adored too much and should play on a court that is 10 feet wider and 20 feet longer with 10 ' 6" baskets.

It sucked. Horrible. What's with the acting? The little mailman, and the P Diddy thing, that was obviously rehearsed. Copying classic dunks from the past, like the blindfold... It's not original when you are copying someone. Dunking over a motorcycle??

What do you all think?

The dunk contest is a joke. I mean there are only so many dunks guys can do, so it's hard to be imaginative. I think if the superstars did it the contest would have more flair because people would like to see Lebron, Griffin, Howard and actual stars go against each other. If they did this the dunks would probably not have to be quite as imaginative.

The NBA product it's self is very good. It is amazing how good the players are. Actually it's hard to watch college basketball at times when you have been watching a bunch of NBA ball because the college product just looks terrible at times.

Any one watching this garbage? Only 4 players...no one knows who they are so Kenny Smith has to try to be funny to draw attention from that. Dunks are lame.. What happend to when there were 8 guys and they were the superstars not the left overs cause no one wants to do it. The NBA is just a big joke. What do you all think?
You are right about slam dunks. It's gotten old and tiring after even after they brought it back after it got old and tiring about 10 years ago_One change the NBA could consider is bringng some ballers from Chicago, New York, LA etc that could "compete" for some shots from James, Griffin etc for a million $'s. As for the NBA in 2012 it has some of the most competitive, athletic and exciting BB ever. Even some teams, coaches and players that know how to play the game. Problem being is they all get paid way too much, are adored too much and should play on a court that is 10 feet wider and 20 feet longer with 10 ' 6" baskets.

There is some bad basketball being played. Too many injuries with the condensed schedule. The good teams will be good no matter what but the bad teams will be horrible with such a condensed schedule. I for one was sick of the NBA after '98 but as a Bulls fan now with D-Rose I have watched a ton more the last 2 years. Everybody that plays in the NBA is good.
Problem is they are so damn good that they make it look easy as if they don't care. Players in the NBA are some of the best athletes in the world.

Wait until you are watching OKC vs. Miami in the finals. This will really show how polarized people are in their opinion of the NBA.

I, for one, think the league is pretty exciting. But the shortened season has led to some bad basketball as some teams show up with no legs.

The dunk contest is a joke. I mean there are only so many dunks guys can do, so it's hard to be imaginative. I think if the superstars did it the contest would have more flair because people would like to see Lebron, Griffin, Howard and actual stars go against each other. If they did this the dunks would probably not have to be quite as imaginative.

The NBA product it's self is very good. It is amazing how good the players are. Actually it's hard to watch college basketball at times when you have been watching a bunch of NBA ball because the college product just looks terrible at times.

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Especially your second sentence. Every single dunk that happened tonight, besides the glow in the dark dunk and maybe the motorcycle dunk, have all been done before. I think the 2 ball dunk was done last year or the year before and that was the best dunk of the night.

Jumping over guys? Well that happens literally every dunk competition now I'm pretty sure. Budinger jumped over Diddy? Someone else dunked over Kevin Hart?

Budinger used his hand to help himself over Diddy a little. Kevin Hart is like 4'11" so really that isn't even that cool. Hibbert is huge but George really struggled with that and had to use his hand to give himself a boost just to get over him and he still hit the back of Hibbert's head with his... yeah.

The only way the Kevin Hart dunk would have been exciting was if he tried to pick up Hart and dunk him through the hoop. Other than that... the dunk was going to be lame. And the stupid gimmicks they do to try to make it exciting are just embarrassing. (I.e.: the choir that came out and sang for Blake Griffin's dunk last year and Kevin Hart coming in saying "you have mail")

The celebrity game was more entertaining.

Last year Griffin jumped over the hood of a car... The hood? Honestly? Why was that so great? If I remember correctly the car wasn't even that far away from the hoop, because I think when he came down from the rim he was standing right on the hood. Not really that impressive.

I have to give credit to George and Williams because they were the most original... even though George's glow-in-the-dark dunk was a fail, because the ball didn't even glow like it was supposed to.

Did anyone see Michelle Beadle's video where that 5'9" guy dunks over her? He completely clears her and doesn't use his hand to boost him over. HE IS 5'9" and the dude can dunk better than probably anyone in the contest tonight.

TDub dunks over Michelle Beadle | NBA

The NBA needs to just get rid of the dunk competition, because it really is just lame now. Nothing new or exciting happens. Every dunk has been done and none of the big stars want to compete in it.

However, the NBA is really exciting this year. I have never paid much attention to the NBA and this year I have watched any game that I possibly can. If you thought the NBA sucked before, I would agree, it did... but I would give it a chance this year because it is actually a lot better in my opinion... and maybe it is because I am a T-Wolves fan and actually have something to cheer for the first time in a long time. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts