Site Slowness

Chickenlounge

Jon-

I'm sure you're getting slammed with traffic right now due to all the rumors flying around about who's going to be suspended/kicked-off the team, which is making the site god-awful slow.

Is it possible at your new hosting provider to "spin up" a mirrored VM or something and load balance between the two servers for times of high traffic volume, then "spin down" the extra VM when it's not needed anymore?

Should help alleviate a lot of the site slowness I'm sure many are seeing.

Just a thought.

Thanks.

Really wish we had made the switch last week. But our database is so large, there were other preparations that needed to be done.

The new digs will easily handle large traffic days like today, which is shaping up to be the busiest day we have had, or would have been, barring the consistent crush.

Sorry for the delay in loading, and we are likely a week or so away from moving to new digs. I have already paid for those new digs, so its coming soon.

Really wish we had made the switch last week. But our database is so large, there were other preparations that needed to be done.

The new digs will easily handle large traffic days like today, which is shaping up to be the busiest day we have had, or would have been, barring the consistent crush.

Sorry for the delay in loading, and we are likely a week or so away from moving to new digs. I have already paid for those new digs, so its coming soon.

I figured you were all over it. Can't wait for the new site to come up.

If u only knew how much instances like slow loading ticked me off. I am patient in most things but I can get irate at a webhost lightning fast ;)

I have instructed my host company to install a load balancer and second server. Even though I will be leaving them within a week, I feel the expense is worth it for the folks that choose to visit the site to not have to deal with the slow loading. they said they hope it can be installed by noon tomorrow...I told them they had better get it done by 10 ;)

If you are in Eastern Iowa and use Mediacom their service has been slow and cable has been unavailable to many customers. Hawkeyenation was one of the few sites working for me the last couple days.

Latest posts