Site not responding/not opening

hawkfan2679

Over the last several weeks, it seems to be a coin-flip whether or not the site is going to open. When I try to connect, it spins forever and then it says that the server is taking too long to respond, as if I don't have internet, except that my Youtube TV is still working just fine (for example...i.e. it's not an internet issue). I am using Firefox, I've tried Edge, I've tried my Samsung phone when it isn't working, just to make sure it's not a browser issue. It seems like when it connects, it says that it's securely connected, but when it doesn't connect, it says that I'm NOT securely connected. Is there something that would be causing my browser to disallow the connection? Interestingly, hawkeyenation.com will connect, but the forum.hawkeyenation.com is the one that totally bonks.

Thanks.

Over the last several weeks, it seems to be a coin-flip whether or not the site is going to open. When I try to connect, it spins forever and then it says that the server is taking too long to respond, as if I don't have internet, except that my Youtube TV is still working just fine (for example...i.e. it's not an internet issue). I am using Firefox, I've tried Edge, I've tried my Samsung phone when it isn't working, just to make sure it's not a browser issue. It seems like when it connects, it says that it's securely connected, but when it doesn't connect, it says that I'm NOT securely connected. Is there something that would be causing my browser to disallow the connection? Interestingly, hawkeyenation.com will connect, but the forum.hawkeyenation.com is the one that totally bonks.

Thanks.
I just checked all your user settings and nothing is goofy, not seeing anything on HN’s side of things.

I’ll send an email to the tech guy for the boards. Is it random places or only in the same location? Like does it happen only on your house’s Wi-Fi, or only when your in a certain place. There have been IP issues in the past that have caused that for some users.

I just checked all your user settings and nothing is goofy, not seeing anything on HN’s side of things.

I’ll send an email to the tech guy for the boards. Is it random places or only in the same location? Like does it happen only on your house’s Wi-Fi, or only when your in a certain place. There have been IP issues in the past that have caused that for some users.
Thanks Fry. It happens at work, it happens at home, and as mentioned, it's happening on multiple browsers and on different devices (laptop, phone, tablet).

Actually, I probably would have been able to see this message sooner but shortly after I was able to get in to get this thread posted, I've been unable to get back into the site at all.

Thanks Fry. It happens at work, it happens at home, and as mentioned, it's happening on multiple browsers and on different devices (laptop, phone, tablet).

Actually, I probably would have been able to see this message sooner but shortly after I was able to get in to get this thread posted, I've been unable to get back into the site at all.
I’ll send an email about it, if I don’t get back to you in the next couple days yell at me to remind me