Shonn Greene

Guy's been in the pros for a little more than a season, but is already involved in a charity type endowment that will help potentially improve the lives of youth around the world? Nice!

It's great to see former Hawkeyes return to Iowa City, especially for these big games. We aren't such a huge, famous program where all our guys are big famous players, so to have the former players who helped make this team what it is come back for a game is simply awesome.

Wisconsin does not want to see SG. Their last trip to Kinnick was made very unpleasant by SG! I remember being on the field for that one!

I also think we will see DC and Angerer on the sidelines as the Colts have a bye!!!

Should bring Tony back for this one as well so the Badgers can keep warm by peeing down their legs while re-living the past...:D

not a bad bye week in the NFL for former hawks to be in IC. Greene, Clark, Sanders, Angerer, Spievey. Any combonation of these guys would be awesome.

Does anybody know what game Shonn was at last?

Yes. And I don't even want to mention it. I can't. Still makes me physically sick. I remember the day vividly. Shonn had a black and red jump suit on (NJ Flyers, I believe). Oh what could have been...

Nonetheless, he'll redeem himself this weekend. He may very well be my all-time favorite Hawkeye. What a pure stud. Humble too. Miss him.

Sanders will likely be the one that does not show up. I can't even remember the last time he came back.

That might be a little hard on Bob. I remember a couple of years ago he was going to be back but but he had the flu. He didn't want to get the team sick. It takes some luck for these guys to have a bye on a home game date.

Yes. And I don't even want to mention it. I can't. Still makes me physically sick. I remember the day vividly. Shonn had a black and red jump suit on (NJ Flyers, I believe). Oh what could have been...

Nonetheless, he'll redeem himself this weekend. He may very well be my all-time favorite Hawkeye. What a pure stud. Humble too. Miss him.

That's what I thought....and am afraid of. :(

That might be a little hard on Bob. I remember a couple of years ago he was going to be back but but he had the flu. He didn't want to get the team sick. It takes some luck for these guys to have a bye on a home game date.

Don't take that the wrong way. Bob has always been my favorite Hawk of all-time. I would love to see him there!

Because of the game and the returning pro players, could Iowa "clean up" in recruiting? I noticed Wisky signed a few "big" recruits after the tOSU win.

Last edited:

Latest posts