HaydenHawk56

Knocked down 3s in the first half. Check
Made their free-throws. Check
Handled pressure. Check
Handled that cramping big guy. Check
Looked like they had a higher basketball IQ tonight. Check
Had multiple guys who could make some plays. Check
Defense looked improved Check.

Although, I thought Oregon missed a ton of shots (credit our defense to a degree) and they were without one of their best players. But I thought 0-2 for sure on this trip.

Oregon didn't look great to me but agree with all you said. Lots of positives. Solid win - should be a good win for the resume I think when it's all said and done.

Great win and great learning experience.

Hopefully Fran is seeing what we can do playing smaller, with Baer playing some at the 4.

Weiskamp hopefully learned a lot in this one on a night he struggled.

Hopefully this team learned that when your offense isn’t clicking, defense can keep you in games. I thought the defense was solid.

I saw Cook trying his ass off multiple times tonight. That's a good sign.
For sure. I liked his effort. Just has to pick his spots a little better and remember that he can still bully guys in the post. Fran Frashilla mentioned that he shouldn’t hang out on the outside too much.

CMac is gonna make such a difference for JBo, Just a competent ball handler to help bring the ball up makes all the difference. I think JBo is realizing he doesn't have to do it all, but he knows he can. He's gonna have a big year. Tomorrow we get to see what they can do against a good press. But it's all gravy now. Already surpassing my expectations for the team. Go Hawks!

CMac is gonna make such a difference for JBo, Just a competent ball handler to help bring the ball up makes all the difference. I think JBo is realizing he doesn't have to do it all, but he knows he can. He's gonna have a big year. Tomorrow we get to see what they can do against a good press. But it's all gravy now. Already surpassing my expectations for the team. Go Hawks!

Tomorrow seems kinda like a free roll right now.

If I had a criticism it would be directed at Fran. There were times during the second half where we started to get sloppy and careless with the ball and seemed a little lost on offense. That’s where I felt Fran needed to call time out and let the boulys catch their wind and get their head back into the game. Fortunately the ducks where cold shooting the ball during that and didn’t take advantage of it.

Over all I came away please with the improved defense. I saw one player who seemed out of place out there other than a three point shot he made. I am not going to judge him just yet since this is the first game I have watched this year and maybe it was an off night for him.

Cook needs to protect the ball. Early 2nd half, 3 pocessions in a row = turnover, air ball & turnover. He's trying too hard at times.
Seems like the ball is always on his fingertips and he never gets the ball to his palms for a strong grip.

Cook needs to protect the ball. Early 2nd half, 3 pocessions in a row = turnover, air ball & turnover. He's trying too hard at times.
This is true. I don’t know if all that was Cook since Fran busted all the starters to the bench.

And I counted first four possessions of 2nd half because on one of those possessions Cook did a spin move that gave him no advantage and he took the shot anyway.