Shaun King not smart

sirfarmsalot

Shaun King of ESPN today on College Football Live mis-pronounced Kirk's name and claimed the U of Iowa was located in Des Moines (mis-pronounced Des Moines as well). COME ON ESPN, get a clue.

They must have not watch the "Whats Bugging Andy" segment about Ferentz's name, right Jon?

The guys has no idea about Iowa at all. I remember seeing him call a game last year for some network, I can't remember, might of been ESPN. But the guy rarely got the players name right and was always talking about other stuff than the actual game. I finally turned it after about 10min.

Also don't watch College Football Live, they are just going to bash the Big Ten and the hawkeyes! We ain't gonna get no love, unless we are 12-0 or something close to that. Every single sports media has the hawks losing this weekend. Lets hope the hawks use that as motiviation and go into east lansing and kill sparty (55-0)

Actually, I could be mistaken, but I think Shaun actually picked Iowa as his favorite in the Big 10 before the season even started. In his report, seemed like he actually did his homework about the Hawks. Getting Ferentz's name wrong is so-so, but okay, saying the University of Iowa is located in Des Moines is not too sharp ...

during halftime of the Iowa-UNI game I turned over to ESPNEWS and Shaun King was raving about Terrelle Pryor (halftime of the Navy game I believe). He stated then that "Terrelle Pryor very likely could go down as the greatest college QB in history."

I wonder if he would like to recant that statement now?

This is was drives me nuts about these guys. This is their job, this is what they do. They prepare for a half hour or hour segment, you would think they could get names and places right.

uhhhh...I don't get it. If a guy bashes on Iowa, he's an idiot. If a guy picks them to win the conference he's an idiot too? This guy actually picked Iowa to win the conference before the season and said he's sticking with them to win the conference in that segment. Finally there is someone who is giving us the respect that most of you are complaining we don't get from anyone, and now we're bashing him. So what if he mispernounced KF's name. I mispernounced it for a couple years. It's an easy mistake. I know he said Des MoinES too...Hopefully that was a slip up. But I'll give the guy props for not going with OSU, PSU at the beginning of the season and seeing that we've got something special going in Iowa City...or Des Moines

uhhhh...I don't get it. If a guy bashes on Iowa, he's an idiot. If a guy picks them to win the conference he's an idiot too? This guy actually picked Iowa to win the conference before the season and said he's sticking with them to win the conference in that segment. Finally there is someone who is giving us the respect that most of you are complaining we don't get from anyone, and now we're bashing him. So what if he mispernounced KF's name. I mispernounced it for a couple years. It's an easy mistake. I know he said Des MoinES too...Hopefully that was a slip up. But I'll give the guy props for not going with OSU, PSU at the beginning of the season and seeing that we've got something special going in Iowa City...or Des Moines

Dude, if you are going to work for a national sports "authority" like ESPN, and you are going to speak as an expert, you darn well better know what city a Big Ten University is in!

This has nothing to do with Pro or Anti Iowa bias...this is about not sounding dumb.

Shaun King needs to learn a bit more about the Hawkeyes, but at least he knows enough to pick Iowa to win the Big Ten.

Getting Ferentz's name wrong is NOT ok. He's been here waaaaaay to long for that to still happen. And jesus, it's not like Hawkeye football has been craptacular that whole time - the guy's name is ALL OVER the college football media spectrum. That just shows that King is a lazy ******* and a joke as a... whatever it is that he does now.

I mean come on, if some sports media guy pronounced it "Pete CarROLL" or "Jim TreSELL," he'd be laughed out of the biz immediately. Shaun King can get bent.

Im amazed how some of these guys get jobs. Herbstreit is arguably busier than all of them and 99% of the time he comes off as the most knowledgable. Just a lack of preparation -- i would rather have them talk about Tebow and USC than stumble through a bad segment on the Hawks

It really grinds my gears

Shaun King needs to learn a bit more about the Hawkeyes, but at least he knows enough to pick Iowa to win the Big Ten.

What do you expect from a Tulane grad.... I mean they have such low admission standards down there! (Wink, Wink)

I like it that they don't get anything right. It makes it easier for us to show them how not smart they are

I agree. It really shows how little research the media does into a specific team and makes it that much easier to ignore them when they talk down Iowa football.:cool:

Getting Ferentz's name wrong is NOT ok. He's been here waaaaaay to long for that to still happen. And jesus, it's not like Hawkeye football has been craptacular that whole time - the guy's name is ALL OVER the college football media spectrum. That just shows that King is a lazy ******* and a joke as a... whatever it is that he does now.

I mean come on, if some sports media guy pronounced it "Pete CarROLL" or "Jim TreSELL," he'd be laughed out of the biz immediately. Shaun King can get bent.

I agree, I think the DM mention was a mistake but getting his name wrong shouldn't happen as long as KF has been here.

AMEN!! It's what these guys do for for a living. It's not like it's a hobby/amatuer hour.

But when our own Big 10 Network can't get the face/name of our Mens' BB coach right, its hard to expect better from ESPN.

Latest posts