Seriously....

hawkyle85

Has almost everyone on here lost it. I agree we didn't play well last night, but saying our d is over-rated and stanzi is horrible is ridiculous. I know the game I watched and it looked like djk and mcnut had butter fingers. I am not going to sit here and blame anyone though. Our defense played well considering the situations they were put into. They really only gave up 13 points to a good az offense. The special teams obviously needs some work, i just can't believe everyone on here freaking out. This was supposed to be a tough game. Iowa still has a great shot at 11-1 or 10-2. Everyone needs to take a step back and remember that this is one game and this really doesn't change a whole lot, they can still win the big ten, they can still go to the rose bowl, they can still go to the nc game, its just going to be a tougher road. One last thing, everyone all week has compared this to 2004 in the desert, but the one comparison I haven't heard is the one stating what happened after that loss..... IOWA WON THE BIG TEN!!!!

The people that are freaking out are those that thought Arizona would be another cakewalk...an easy Iowa win.

Those that were aware of Iowa's weaknesses and who refused to be suckered into the lofty expectations are not surprised. Disappointed yes...but not surprised. Arizona is a good team. They deserved to win.

There is a lot of season left to play...anything can happen.

Has almost everyone on here lost it. I agree we didn't play well last night, but saying our d is over-rated and stanzi is horrible is ridiculous. I know the game I watched and it looked like djk and mcnut had butter fingers. I am not going to sit here and blame anyone though. Our defense played well considering the situations they were put into. They really only gave up 13 points to a good az offense. The special teams obviously needs some work, i just can't believe everyone on here freaking out. This was supposed to be a tough game. Iowa still has a great shot at 11-1 or 10-2. Everyone needs to take a step back and remember that this is one game and this really doesn't change a whole lot, they can still win the big ten, they can still go to the rose bowl, they can still go to the nc game, its just going to be a tougher road. One last thing, everyone all week has compared this to 2004 in the desert, but the one comparison I haven't heard is the one stating what happened after that loss..... IOWA WON THE BIG TEN!!!!

+1. Defense played great considering the huge whole they were put in. Stanzi did fine considering he had no run game and was playing from behind the entire game. The last four plays of the game for us on offense were awful, but this game was lost on special teams pure and simple.

I would agree defense played well soft over the middle but as a whole solid performance by the defense considering, and Ricky is a good QB just needs to get rid of the football faster please, and I agree Hawks will have a great season and it was suppose too be a tough game and as bad as we played we still almost won so on grit and toughness Hawks get an A.

Latest posts