Selection Committee needs 20/20 vision

D

DDThompson

2020 selection committee is making a joke out of the top 16

3 BigXII teams seeded ahead of Big10 leader. That joke of a conference gets 3 in the top 8?

Pollard has some pull with WV best win being Ohio State.

Playing quad 1 and 2 teams isn’t helping the Big10

Gonna be difficult if they’re all seeded like shit
Also not easy when so many get in that they start playing each other as early as the round of 32. Minnesota may have had a shot of advancing to the second weekend with Coffey and Jordan Murphy but played Michigan State early.

Hopefully, the B1G will clean up in March.
We came so close to getting five teams in the sweet sixteen last year. Iowa rallying and taking Tennessee into OT and Maryland leading LSU late but getting a couple tough calls down the stretch.

Minnesota may have a shot but ran into Michigan State in the round of 32. We were going to lose a team there either way.

Though its fun as a fan , the Big chaos is a sign of weakness. This isnt a sign of the glory days when 3 or more could win it all legit.

KU and Baylor are about right. WVA lost yesterday but flip a coin, who ya gonna put ahead or behind? Maryland isnt terrific any more or less than WVA. Heck they beat UNI.:eek:.

Except for the scoring drought Iowa seemed to step forward.

Id be more concerned about an Iowa team that has 5 losses with maybe the NPY. The Big was ripe for the taking.

About Purdue there are several ways to stop that shooting if you have legit speed.

Take away the feet. Pointed fingers to the chest.... Or just roll a shooter a couple of times some of the Hawk tough guys are more yappy than tough. Well one of them.

Still saying...its awful easy to throw assists and yap when you arent being guarded.

JW on the other hand may be starting to mature.. if the yappy one does the same, this team could be really good.

Because all the BIG teams havta unilaterally play so many P6 schools, and beat up on each other, our W/L records are gonna look crappy compared to other conferences

This is the 1st year in a long time where I feel seeds won’t matter. There is no dominant team IMO. So the difference between 5 and 10 doesn’t make much difference. Top 4 only matter because of geographical advantage. Playing other Big 10 teams early will hurt the conference. But it’s hard to avoid with 10 to 12 out of 68.

Just get teams in and let it all shake out. There is no clear cut favorite this year. Duke shoulda lost to UNC last night.

As long as Iowa can avoid the 7-10 seeds I'll take our chances.

Looking at the latest bracketology stuff, most have Iowa as a 6 seed in the Midwest. Playing a 11 seed, a "midmajor"..... .I have seen UNI, seen VCU. @WindsorHawk is correct with the parity(mediocrity?) outside the top 4 seeds I do not think it matters that much. Iowa/UNI would be fun and also suck in the opening round if it plays out that way.

Looking at the latest bracketology stuff, most have Iowa as a 6 seed in the Midwest. Playing a 11 seed, a "midmajor"..... .I have seen UNI, seen VCU. @WindsorHawk is correct with the parity(mediocrity?) outside the top 4 seeds I do not think it matters that much. Iowa/UNI would be fun and also suck in the opening round if it plays out that way.

Uni winning the Mo V and tourney .. will not be an 11.

Yes. If they lose the tourney they will be an 11. They need a collapse not to get in.

No. Even if they win the tourney they are looking at a 10-12 seed. Seeding is pretty much locked in, a collapse just determines if they get in or not.

Just checking ESPN this AM, and this thread is as good as any to comment in, the first 6 articles are all Duke or UNC, with the 7th headline ACC in bracketology. Yes, I agree that selection committee needs to really focus and view the teams on their merits, but the outside distractions and "noise" have to have an impact........anyway, always been that way for NCAAM with ESPN, always will be that way......though there is a nice article under Wooden Watch if you scroll down far enough.

Surprised Iowa in discussion for top 16 at this point. Pleasantly surprised, but not sure they have earned that consideration just yet.Conversely, anything below a 6th seed is a slap in the face, at least at this time...... Next 2 games will really be the determinant here- both away games, and both winnable. And not wanting to get too optimistic, but all of a sudden, the MSU game does not look as intimidating as it did a couple weeks ago.

Latest posts