SEC bias again???

sandhawk20

Can anyone accurately explain to me why Ohio State fell from #1 to #11 in the AP rankings losing to a ranked Wisconsin, while Alabama fell from #1 to #8 against a lower ranked South Carolina?

Because Bama is better than OSU. Because the SEC is better than the Big 10. Those are the first 2 reasons that come to mind for me without thinking about it whatsoever.

Why? as much as I hate to say: Minnesota, Indianna, Illinois and this year Penn st. Our bad teams are really bad! Ill might be better but they have to beat MO in ST Louis. wanna talk no respsect, OK st & MO Undefeated and cant crack top 15. Polls Stink! BCS is set up to put 1 vs 2 only 3 thru 25 dont matter in this system!

Can anyone accurately explain to me why Ohio State fell from #1 to #11 in the AP rankings losing to a ranked Wisconsin, while Alabama fell from #1 to #8 against a lower ranked South Carolina?

Probably because Alabama didn't look like dog crap against a conference team that will finish around 6-6 two weeks before and Alabama is better than OSU.

And yet, South Carolina turns around and loses to SEC doormat Kentucky.

At least when Wisconsin loses this weekend it will be to Iowa, and not Minnesota or something.

In addition to what others said to rationally explain the difference, I would say that if one were to lose to a fairly decent team with a coach that had won the national championship and numerous SEC titles that they would probably not drop as far as a team that lost to a coach that really hasn't had a signature win in his career and has been below expectations for the season in every season but one while at the helm. I believe that is an accurate assesment of his head coaching career to date, but someone can correct me if I am wrong. If they hold true to form again and don't meet expectations then the pollsters would have been correct in the thinking, if that was in fact the thinking.

Just something to ponder other than the bias perspective.

In addition to what others said to rationally explain the difference, I would say that if one were to lose to a fairly decent team with a coach that had won the national championship and numerous SEC titles that they would probably not drop as far as a team that lost to a coach that really hasn't had a signature win in his career and has been below expectations for the season in every season but one while at the helm. I believe that is an accurate assesment of his head coaching career to date, but someone can correct me if I am wrong. If they hold true to form again and don't meet expectations then the pollsters would have been correct in the thinking, if that was in fact the thinking.

Just something to ponder other than the bias perspective.

Yours is an accurate assessment of the differences in the two teams Bama and OSU lost to. However, I think it is more a function of Ohio State still being suspect because of its two crushing losses to SEC teams in the BCS championship game. Until the Big 10 wins a championship, preferably against an SEC opponent, that lack of respect will continue.

And yet, South Carolina turns around and loses to SEC doormat Kentucky.

At least when Wisconsin loses this weekend it will be to Iowa, and not Minnesota or something.

Kentucky is pretty darned good. They almost beat top 10 Auburn (lost by 3)the week before they beat top 10 Carolina. That doesn't sound like a doormat to me.

Also, Alabama does get some benefit of the doubt for being national champs, and all that. I still think they're the best team in the country, and I think they repeat.

Because Bama is better than OSU. Because the SEC is better than the Big 10. Those are the first 2 reasons that come to mind for me without thinking about it whatsoever.

Nailed it

When a team wins 17 games in a row including a national title they should get the benefit of the doubt in the rankings

Latest posts