SEC 1,2,3

I don't believe a school should be able to play for a national championship without winning their conference.

If Georgia beats LSU in the SEC title game, you'd have two SEC teams playing in the NC game, neither one a conference champion.

If we are going to keep picking people to represent the NCAA football championship instead of having a playoff it should be at least two different conference champions involved! The whole thing is somewhat silly. MLB-Cardinals NFL-GB NBA-Dallas... none would have had a shot under the BCS system of crowning a championship by opinions and computers.

I don't believe a school should be able to play for a national championship without winning their conference.

If Georgia beats LSU in the SEC title game, you'd have two SEC teams playing in the NC game, neither one a conference champion.

I don't buy the garbage about not being to play for the national title if you don't win your conference. That line of reasoning implies that all conference champions are inherently equal. That is simply not the case. Ex. The big east and acc.

Wow, the SEC is the best in the nation. Kaldenberg, I bow down to your awe-inspiring wisdom!

Seriously, do you believe you're enlightening everyone with your d-baggery?

In order for the two best teams to play for the title it should be lsu vs bama. With that said i think there needs to be a stipulation that there should be a rubber match or 3rd game if bama beats LSU in national championship game. Never will happen but the BCS was set up to have best two teams play for the title and at this pt. its those two teams but i think its unfair for bama to win the title when the teams would be 1-1.

The other conferences such as the B1G, B12, Pac12 and ACC could stop this type of silliness, simply by stepping up and beating the SEC teams when they get the chance in the NCG.

As I recall, Florida, Auburn, Bama and LSU have had their way over the last several years with Oregon, tOSU, OU, Texas, etc.

Until proven otherwise, a 1-loss SEC team is probably > to a 1-loss team from the other conferences.

This year OU, Okie State, Stanford, Oregon, Wiscy, Boise State and Clemson have all had their shot and they dropped the ball (in some cases twice).

Until a regional game... college football forever... which has become a national game... due to TV, ESPN and some greedy people.... no one will know.

Without playing the game ON THE FIELD... nationally covered with extreme regional bias, we have no clue who are the best teams. Until the SEC come up and play games with the BIg Ten in November (and vice a versa) and the Pac 12 travels to play the Big East in November (and vice a versa) insert the ACC & Big XII.

Let's not talk about where and when BOWL GAMES ARE PLAYED AND WHO HAS HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

I'm not sure who some of you are trying to convince but the SEC is without a doubt the best football conference in America right now. With that said, I don't think that conference opponents should play each other in the national championship game either. They already proved it on the field and LSU won at Alabama mind you.

The problem becomes, how are you going to mitigate the chances of this happening again? Everybody knows that the only thing being talked about for the next 6 weeks is going to be this issue and its not going to sit well for most. SEC fans will love it, all other conference fans will hate it.

Maybe this will finally be the issue that blows the BCS apart. I sure hope so.

Maybe this will finally be the issue that blows the BCS apart. I sure hope so.

Hopefully we go back to the old system before the BCS.

I loathe the SEC, but have no problem if these two teams play in the title game. They're clearly the two best teams in the country, and plenty of other teams had their chance to be #2 but pssed it away. Oklahoma, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin, Oregon, etc..

Alabama is #2 partially by default right now.

Do you feel this way about the NFL, MLB and NBA too? Do you think the playoffs for those leagues should only contain conference winners?

Until a regional game... college football forever... which has become a national game... due to TV, ESPN and some greedy people.... no one will know.

Without playing the game ON THE FIELD... nationally covered with extreme regional bias, we have no clue who are the best teams. Until the SEC come up and play games with the BIg Ten in November (and vice a versa) and the Pac 12 travels to play the Big East in November (and vice a versa) insert the ACC & Big XII.

Let's not talk about where and when BOWL GAMES ARE PLAYED AND WHO HAS HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

Alabama or LSU could come play in November, December, January and walk into Camp Randall or Happy Valley or any other Big 10 team this year and win by two touchdowns easily.

Latest posts