Seantrel Henderson

Yeah, I remember that it seemed like every time I watched Miami he was playing a position other than left tackle and he wasn't that good. Had he gotten Doyle-ized and learned under Ferentz, he would have been a high first rounder.

I also remember the interwebz message boards going crazy when it came out that Iowa actively quit recruiting the kid. Looks like the coaches might have been right on that one.

Brandon Schreff >> Henderson. Recruiting is such a crap shoot, and it makes me giggle all those who get their panties in a bunch when we sign 3* Iowa kids over 4 or 5* out of state kids. If Iowa is getting the kids they want based on JR film, I am always confident that those players more often than not are gonna be good players for Iowa. For instance Boyle, Clark, the Paulsens, Newborg, and Hockaday aren't getting 4* love from the recruiting services, but I can tell you I trust Iowa's staff spotting talent over an Rivals guy rating recruits based on highlight film.

I wonder what Seantrel's dad thinks about his decision to quit the Pro-Day session early? God, his dad was a piece of work....

Once I started reading about all of the baggage he had surrounding him, I was fine when the staff stopped recruiting him.

Brandon Schreff >> Henderson. Recruiting is such a crap shoot, and it makes me giggle all those who get their panties in a bunch when we sign 3* Iowa kids over 4 or 5* out of state kids. If Iowa is getting the kids they want based on JR film, I am always confident that those players more often than not are gonna be good players for Iowa. For instance Boyle, Clark, the Paulsens, Newborg, and Hockaday aren't getting 4* love from the recruiting services, but I can tell you I trust Iowa's staff spotting talent over an Rivals guy rating recruits based on highlight film.

I would agree with the Olinemen for sure, but not necessarily for the skill postions.

Rodney Coe + Seantrel Henderson = 12 ft 10 inches and 632 lbs of wasted talent

Too bad guys like this can't figure things out between the ears.

It might be interesting if Seantrel does not get drafted. Give him and his dad to negotiate with the teams on his own. Commit to one team, sign with another, tries to get out of contract in order to sign with another.

Recruiting OL out of HS that already look ready to play I think is more risky than Ferentz's strategy of recruiting athletes and putting the weight on them IMO. A lot of technical deficiencies can get covered up by size in HS that then get exposed going up against better competition in college. Some of the guys that have always been bigger than everyone are allowed to do their own thing and don't take so well to coaching when they finally get it.

Latest posts