Schedule change...

Esteshawk

2/21 PSU @ Iowa Sun 4:00
2/25 Iowa @ Michigan Thurs. 6:00
2/28 Iowa @ OSU Sun. 3:00
3/4 Nebraska @ Iowa TBD
3/7 Wisc @ Iowa TBD

Last edited:
Nice going BT office. Slam Iowa with games vs two highly ranked teams, on the road, within three days, because MI can’t keep up with the regular schedule. Kind of like kid gloves for OSU in football. I guess the BT wants to keep MI and OSU in the one seed ncaa territory.

One thing is for sure, Iowa can really earn some very nice things for themselves down the stretch run. Maybe not the regular season title, but a Big Ten Tourney Title and a Number 1 or 2 seed.

Win the 3 home games and split the 2 tough road games. We end the season winning 7 out of 8...nice momentum going into the postseason.

I think it’s likely we’re a 2 seed at that point. Even if we lose on Friday of the BTT I’m pretty confident we are no worse than a 3.

Man...I don't like the match up with Michigan. They run that high ball screen action with multiple players and their guards are really quick and patient with it. I know that may not make sense...but they beat their guy off the dribble after the screen and wait for options to open...either to the basket or on the perimeter. They are also really aggressive on the offensive glass.

The other thing...the freshman big man at Michigan is the real deal...he's tough...he bangs, and he's long as hell. He battled Rutgers' bigs the other night and he got the best of them on most occasions. Garza is a different animal...but Garza is going to have to wear him out...so expect Iowa to be wildly uptempo to try and get into his conditioning.

Michigan also plays really tough man on the opposing guards and are disruptive as hell. I hate Michigan as much as the next guy...but they are a really, really deep team...and athletic team...and they play smart.

I was thinking Michigan would stumble against Wisconsin. They did in the 1st half, but they turned it up a notch anf won. Iowa, historically, does not play worth a shit in Ann Arbor. My gut is telling me we turn the tide in a close one and even in OSU. It's weird, but I think we actually pull it off. Or I need to lay off the weed, coke, and, ok, the glue. I was doing so well too. Iowa basketball, "is like picking the wrong week to stop everything I just said"

Man...I don't like the match up with Michigan. They run that high ball screen action with multiple players and their guards are really quick and patient with it. I know that may not make sense...but they beat their guy off the dribble after the screen and wait for options to open...either to the basket or on the perimeter. They are also really aggressive on the offensive glass.

The other thing...the freshman big man at Michigan is the real deal...he's tough...he bangs, and he's long as hell. He battled Rutgers' bigs the other night and he got the best of them on most occasions. Garza is a different animal...but Garza is going to have to wear him out...so expect Iowa to be wildly uptempo to try and get into his conditioning.

Michigan also plays really tough man on the opposing guards and are disruptive as hell. I hate Michigan as much as the next guy...but they are a really, really deep team...and athletic team...and they play smart.
Both of our road games are scary. We’ll get a better feel for Michigan after tomorrow. I’m not sure I would call Michigan deep. Four of their 5 starters average 30 minutes a game and the freshman 25. Only Garza plays 30 minutes for Iowa.

Side Note - The big freshman doesn’t have the endurance to hang with Garza IMO.

So the Big again is gutless, allowing Michigan to skip three games. Every other team has to play 20 and earn them all. It's like giving a golfer a gimme on a 6 foot put. Iowa gets their game moved to back to back road games three days apart even though Iowa has a week off after Sunday's game. The Big should just have their offices in Michigan during the basketball season and Columbus for football. Those two programs own the shorthairs on those guys.

So the Big again is gutless, allowing Michigan to skip three games. Every other team has to play 20 and earn them all. It's like giving a golfer a gimme on a 6 foot put. Iowa gets their game moved to back to back road games three days apart even though Iowa has a week off after Sunday's game. The Big should just have their offices in Michigan during the basketball season and Columbus for football. Those two programs own the shorthairs on those guys.
Don’t forget OSU 2 days after MSU. Can I pick 3 Iowa games to just eliminate? I’ll settle for 2 and think a 13-5 record is highly likely.

Never mind. I don’t want to miss out on 2 chances to watch Luka in an Iowa uniform.

Side Note - This is the one time I’m glad the winner of the BTT is the “conference champion.” The regular season is just for seeding...especially with unbalanced and shorter schedules.

Latest posts