Saturday night wake up call!!!

CraigHawkeye

Wow what a disappointing effort. Everyone needs to take a lesson from Ramos and learn that killer instinct. McD and DSJ losing are shocking to me. I know Brands will have these guys going but what an off day for the Hawks at National Duals...

holy **** you're right! didn't realize that was on already. ugh. i'm sticking with UFC then.

Both DSJ and McD got upset in their matches against Missouri tonight. Hawks have less then 5 total TD's for the meet. (Outside of our backup at 141) Very disappointing performance at this tourney.

Honestly don't know. McD did not take one solid shot and DSJ only converted one. Outside of a couple individuals this team has become very passive and only wants to counter wrestle. Very few are being aggressive and converting TD's from their feet. Hopefully it was just a bad weekend but I"m starting to wonder.

I can see where you are coming from Pump, but he isnt the one on the mat. I find it hard to believe that Brands wasn't "trying" to get into their heads and have them ready. I guess all we can hope for is that this weekend was just a slight missed turn on the road to a Big Ten and NCAA title. Better get the gps fixed and straighten out the road or it will be a long tourney season and even longer off season

I can see where you are coming from Pump, but he isnt the one on the mat. I find it hard to believe that Brands wasn't "trying" to get into their heads and have them ready. I guess all we can hope for is that this weekend was just a slight missed turn on the road to a Big Ten and NCAA title. Better get the gps fixed and straighten out the road or it will be a long tourney season and even longer off season

They don't need GPS, just tell them to follow the bus tail lights on their walk home. :D

They don't need GPS, just tell them to follow the bus tail lights on their walk home. :D
A nice long walk just might do the trick. it would give them time to think about where they have been, where they are going and how they are going to get there. No one is going to give them a title just because they are wrestling for iowa, they are going to have to go on the mat and earn it. If the last couple of years have not taught them that, then we are in bigger trouble than we think.

Okay, here's the deal. I don't really know anything about wrestling, but Brands hasn't come off as too sharp to me in his interviews. Lots of **** and vinegar, but not much else.

Could it be he is just in over his head?

Okay, here's the deal. I don't really know anything about wrestling, but Brands hasn't come off as too sharp to me in his interviews. Lots of **** and vinegar, but not much else.

ha! pretty weak troll attempt.

3 nat'l titles speaks otherwise.

Yeah 3 titles means he's over his head.

Actually, I blame KF. He's allowed his RB curse to infiltrate the 149lbs class.

I've heard this a few times in the last couple weeks. Brands is a smart guy (duh) it's just that he doesn't always articulate his thoughts in the best way during interviews/postmeet comments. You kind of have to think about what he's saying sometimes.

Yeah 3 titles means he's over his head.

Actually, I blame KF. He's allowed his RB curse to infiltrate the 149lbs class.

Good thing we don't have a fake punt in wrestling. We would be throwing the special teams coach under the bus as well. since brands is in over his head, maybe we can talk him into a fake forfiet. we say we are going to forfiet 149 but just as the opponent is going to have his hand raised, (insert name of iowa 149 lber here) runs out on the may totally taking the opponent by surprise and winning.
UMM ya, Brands in over his head.