Sally Mason releases statement on Gray allegations

kmajhawk

Mason releases statement on Gray allegations | Daily Iowan Live - Latest News

“Regarding the recent media reports about Peter Gray, it is a confidential personnel matter and the University will not make any additional comment. However, I want to assure you that we are continuing to review all the details regarding this matter and how it was handled. Once all the facts are known, I will take all necessary actions that are warranted. My priority is the safety and wellbeing of our students, faculty and staff.â€￾

Sure seems like the university president is taking her time to carefully review all details of the matter and "how it was handled."

Wonder if Marcus Coker could be reached for comment.

Keep believing that. Pretty soon it will all just slip from consciousness.

A post to perhaps remember at some point in the future. Based on the leaked document, it's hard to imagine that a felony didn't happen here. In a position of authority. It's disturbing that there is no ongoing criminal investigation.

A post to perhaps remember at some point in the future. Based on the leaked document, it's hard to imagine that a felony didn't happen here. In a position of authority. It's disturbing that there is no ongoing criminal investigation.

But on the flip side, can you really believe the administration at the U of I would even attempt such a cover-up after seeing what happened with Penn State?

But on the flip side, can you really believe the administration at the U of I would even attempt such a cover-up after seeing what happened with Penn State?

I'm not sure it is a cover up, but I am sure they hired him back, and if you read through the leaked document, I'm also pretty sure there was a crime committed here.

As I said in the other thread, the same kind of thing happened where I work. You let the person resign so it isn't open to freedom of information act. That is the whole personnel issue thing.

Mason releases statement on Gray allegations | Daily Iowan Live - Latest News

“Regarding the recent media reports about Peter Gray, it is a confidential personnel matter and the University will not make any additional comment. However, I want to assure you that we are continuing to review all the details regarding this matter and how it was handled. Once all the facts are known, I will take all necessary actions that are warranted. My priority is the safety and wellbeing of our students, faculty and staff.â€￾

Sure seems like the university president is taking her time to carefully review all details of the matter and "how it was handled."

Wonder if Marcus Coker could be reached for comment.

This is a public institution. screw you Sally. The Sandusky deal was just allegations and needed to be treated confidentially..There needs to be transparency. It seems these folks are more concerned about the perps rights than anyone elses.

Billybuckner shares my feeling about who and what liberal institutions are. Take that completely out of the equation. Read through the incident report. Review Iowa code about sexual harrasmant when in a position of authority (Nursing home, interaction with students) Age doesn't matter. Ask yourself, whar criminal investigation?

Latest posts