Sacrifice Pays Off for Iowa Basketball

A huge thanks to all the Hawks, coaches, and staff for their sacrifices. You guys have given Hawk fans something to be proud about. Good luck these final games and into the tournaments. We will be pulling for you. GO HAWKS

I'm writing this as a 73 year old and I am so thankful for the efforts of the football and basketball teams to get as many games in as they have. In the early 80's Iowa experienced one of the worse economic times that forever changed the state. Iowa basketball and football were about the only positive things to take your mind off the bad news of the day. While different in nature the pandemic isolation has been relieved by being able to look forward to the Iowa games and the Big Ten conference games.

Tomorrow I will get my Pfizer follow-up vaccination. While it will be a comfort to know that my chances of getting the covid virus will be rather low I will still need to practice the same masking and hand washing procedures. For teenagers and early 20 somethings to get this far has required a lot of isolation and cautious behavior. Not easy to do at that age.

Go Hawks Beat Nebraska.

I'm writing this as a 73 year old and I am so thankful for the efforts of the football and basketball teams to get as many games in as they have. In the early 80's Iowa experienced one of the worse economic times that forever changed the state. Iowa basketball and football

were about the only positive things to take your mind off the bad news of the day. While different in nature the pandemic isolation has been relieved by being able to look forward to the Iowa games and the Big Ten conference games.

Tomorrow I will get my Pfizer follow-up vaccination. While it will be a comfort to know that my chances of getting the covid virus will be rather low I will still need to practice the same masking and hand washing procedures. For teenagers and early 20 somethings to get this far has required a lot of isolation and cautious behavior. Not easy to do at that age.

Go Hawks Beat Nebraska.
Eye, I could have written, although not as nicely as you did, this post. We are about the same age, we remember the devastation of the Iowa farm economy in the 80’s, and I have been in isolation since a year ago. I just got my second dose of the Pfizer last week and relief is strong. But, like you, my mask will be a part of my life, with careful social contacts only, avoidance of risky venues.
No doubt the luxury of watching two very fine Iowa teams over the past months has been so very important. You are right, also about our younger folks. I have 7 grandchildren in high school, college, and the workplace. I feel so bad for them. They are smart and brave and have handled this crazy world quite well. So, Go Hawks! Beat Nebraska and Wisconsin! Thanks for your sacrifices.

Latest posts