S Carolina win helps them in Byrd chase.

HawkKing81

I see Damiere Byrd was at the S Carolina game to watch them knock off Bama. I am sure that only helps Spurrier in recruiting him.

I agree. My bet is that it boils down to Iowa and South Carolina. I'll be curious how things play out.

Iowa needs to keep on winning to help its cause.

If South Carolina stumbles ... that could definitely end up helping our cause.

Of course, there's also the question as to how WRs get used in each system. I think that Iowa offers a bit more contrast ... however, I'm not certain whether Byrd notices that.

I think that Iowa's has the "Soup"-factor working for it ... whereas South Carolina has the Spurrier-factor (the perception of an offensive mastermind) working for it.

On the flip side, Spurrier likes to advertise "flash" whereas Ferentz sells our program for what it is (a bit more meat and potatoes).

I agree. My bet is that it boils down to Iowa and South Carolina. I'll be curious how things play out.

Iowa needs to keep on winning to help its cause.

If South Carolina stumbles ... that could definitely end up helping our cause.

Of course, there's also the question as to how WRs get used in each system. I think that Iowa offers a bit more contrast ... however, I'm not certain whether Byrd notices that.

I think that Iowa's has the "Soup"-factor working for it ... whereas South Carolina has the Spurrier-factor (the perception of an offensive mastermind) working for it.

On the flip side, Spurrier likes to advertise "flash" whereas Ferentz sells our program for what it is (a bit more meat and potatoes).

It should be a good year to recruit WR's with DJK and McNutt having successful years.

Perhaps Iowa can also knock off #1 at home later this year!

Yep, I'm sure he'll closely monitor the results of Iowa and South Carolina from here on out, and whoever has the best record at the end of the season gets the Byrd.

I'm sure he wants to go to a winning program, but I highly doubt his decision will be based off one particular game.

Yep, I'm sure he'll closely monitor the results of Iowa and South Carolina from here on out, and whoever has the best record at the end of the season gets the Byrd.

I'm sure he wants to go to a winning program, but I highly doubt his decision will be based off one particular game.

No he won't. He is set to decide on Wednesday the 20th. I hope the quick decision isn't indicative of what he saw on Saturday.

Hard to top the night game against Penn State at Kinnick.....but knocking the number one team off for the biggest win in your football history will do it.

Thing is though; If he is our "type" of guy then he'll still choose Iowa. Class over Flash.

No he won't. He is set to decide on Wednesday the 20th. I hope the quick decision isn't indicative of what he saw on Saturday.

Not good news on the Iowa front with him setting a date on announcing. Sounds like he is going to be a GameCock.

According to the Gamecock written article from Oct 11th on Rivals he didn't have a leader as of then. If he's going to SC, I'm not sure that the result of the Bama game is what specifically won him over.

Latest posts