Rutgers' Schiano to NFL's Tampa Bay Bucs

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
@AdamSchefter: Tampa Bay plans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Bucs head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract.

Didn't Iowa have a high priority recruit pick Rutgers over Iowa? Wonder if that option is still available now. Will Ferentz give him a call?

FWIW a New Jersey coach who posts a lot on Rivals says he would be shocked if this really happens. He thinks the Florida schools started the rumor to help them land a 5 star DE who is also looking at Rutgers.

FWIW a New Jersey coach who posts a lot on Rivals says he would be shocked if this really happens. He thinks the Florida schools started the rumor to help them land a 5 star DE who is also looking at Rutgers.

That would be about the saddest thing I've ever heard

The NJ coach concedes the story is apparently true. Bummer for him and all of the Rutgers fans. They were having an exceptional recruiting year. As mentioned by others, I REALLY hope we can get back in on Lambert.

If it was floated by the FL schools to land a recruit I would think that would be considered some sort of collusion. In any regards, if Schiano is leaving for Tampa I do hope that Q Lambert reconsiders where he wants to play college ball at, he would be a good get.

I saw this on Twitter from Feldman.

My initial thought was "Man, that could be a blow after the good recruiting year they are having. They are keeping kids home the last couple years."

My immediate next thought was "Iowa better be picking up that phone and calling Quanzell Lambert."

He may stay put (as staying home may be one of the most important things to him).. but to not even start reaching out again would be foolish.

This doesn't make any sense. Are they going to keep the rumor going all the way until signing day without Schiano making his intentions clear one way or the other? That would be one hell of a trick.

I saw this on Twitter from Feldman.

My initial thought was "Man, that could be a blow after the good recruiting year they are having. They are keeping kids home the last couple years."

My immediate next thought was "Iowa better be picking up that phone and calling Quanzell Lambert."

He may stay put (as staying home may be one of the most important things to him).. but to not even start reaching out again would be foolish.

But I'm not sure that's Kirk's style. He doesn't like when coaches contact his recruits, so I imagine he wouldn't do that then. But then again, it isn't illegal to call him up and see where he stands now.

Only question is, isn't Iowa close to the 25 max scholly's already (20 "committed" with several uncommitted with offers)? We all know Kirk is a huge opponent to oversigning. If anything, he's a proponent of undersigning.

But I'm not sure that's Kirk's style. He doesn't like when coaches contact his recruits, so I imagine he wouldn't do that then. But then again, it isn't illegal to call him up and see where he stands now.

Only question is, isn't Iowa close to the 25 max scholly's already (20 "committed" with several uncommitted with offers)? We all know Kirk is a huge opponent to oversigning. If anything, he's a proponent of undersigning.

Wrong again. It's well known that after recruits commit elsewhere that Iowa asks if they can still be in contact with them. If the kids says yes then we keep in contact - if the kid says no we back off.

Wrong again. It's well known that after recruits commit elsewhere that Iowa asks if they can still be in contact with them. If the kids says yes then we keep in contact - if the kid says no we back off.

True. Example: Barkley Hill (ISU commit), Quinton Alston (Pitt), Drew Tate (Texas A&M)

Pretty sure if you document it and you are below your total scholarships, you can go over 25.

I believe Iowa might be in this position with all the attrition, no?

this is correct. and, it would be easy to find out what the kids thinking via alston.

Bad timing so close to the signing day, Rutger games are freaking out. They have a really good recruiting class committed.

Latest posts