Rumor: Kansas has been invited to the Big East

HawkKing81

Take it for what it's worth, but I heard from a Kansas connection (in the athletic department) that they have been invited to the Big East.

It would make sense from a Basketball standpoint, but that would make at least a 17 team conference. I don't know if they made Kansas St or any other teams the same offer or not.

These rumors seem to have the same credibility as the coaching rumors we saw constantly during our search. People throwing stuff up against the wall on the off chance it might stick. I will be so glad when all this is done so it will stop polluting these boards. I still can't understand why there isn't a separate board for all this expansion crap. You can't post anything ISU related it seems(even if it has connections to Iowa) without it getting moved to the rivalry forum. But we can have fifteen different topics about expansion on the football board.

Take it for what it's worth, but I heard from a Kansas connection (in the athletic department) that they have been invited to the Big East.

It would make sense from a Basketball standpoint, but that would make at least a 17 team conference. I don't know if they made Kansas St or any other teams the same offer or not.

There goes the travel budget!

Nah...it would get them back up to 16...after ND joins the Big10.

This guy, a columnist for the Oklahoman, has Kansas in the Big East...and Iowa State.

Emails in on Pac-16 and realignment | Berry Tramel's Blog

"I truly hate to see ISU, KU, KSU and Baylor in a tough situation, but life happens. Where do you see those four schools ending up?â€￾
I’ve already talked about Kansas, but some have said the Jayhawks to the Big East. Why not, especially if the ACC siphons off some Big East football schools. West Virginia, maybe Syracuse if the Big Ten doesn’t get there first. And how about Iowa State joining KU in the Big East. The Big East could be caught looking for any university with a decent number of shoulder pads. Iowa State isn’t a bad football school; it usually has a bad football team, but it’s not a bad football school. Draws about 40,000 per game. Kansas State I think is almost certainly headed to the Mountain West. The Colorado/Baylor loser, too. The Mountain West would be a fun conference to be in, but your prestige takes a hit. Your prestige and your wallet."

Latest posts