RPI Forecaster

That site has Iowa with a 40% chance to win in Ames. A place so tough to win that Milwaukee won by 20.
Kind of like how Iowa lost at home to Omaha last year and then beat Iowa State a few weeks later. Early season losses happen. I’m sure Iowa State will give us everything they have, and I certainly wouldn’t pencil in a W in that building just yet.

Last edited:
But we're the hated Hawkeyes, they'll be ready for us.

Kind of like how Iowa lost at home to Omaha last year and then beat Iowa State a few weeks later. Early season losses happen. I’m sure Iowa State will give us everything we have, and I certainly wouldn’t pencil in a W in that building just yet.

Yeah I know...was just being sarcastic. I actually love that site. I check it at least once a week during the season :)

Iowa State was missing a couple important players so far, their team a month from now may look quite different than last night. If they are still this bad when we play them, even a win won't be worth much as they'll be 100 plus RPI at years end. Other than it being a road game and worth just a bit more in the formula.

I have made the point I think this year's ISU team is similar to last year's OU team. OU finished at 162 in the RPI.

I have made the point I think this year's ISU team is similar to last year's OU team. OU finished at 162 in the RPI.

That’s an excellent comparison. You never know, however. Iowa lost to NE OMA last year and beat a good ISU team the next week on its way to the NCAAT bubble. Young teams can have some rough early games. MO is a good talented team. That loss is understandable especially on the road, but it didn’t help the team’s confidence. That very well may have played a role in the MIL game. A completely different team may not be that far away. Too early to tell.

That’s an excellent comparison. You never know, however. Iowa lost to NE OMA last year and beat a good ISU team the next week on its way to the NCAAT bubble. Young teams can have some rough early games. MO is a good talented team. That loss is understandable especially on the road, but it didn’t help the team’s confidence. That very well may have played a role in the MIL game. A completely different team may not be that far away. Too early to tell.

It's a long way away.

Iowa State was missing a couple important players so far, their team a month from now may look quite different than last night. If they are still this bad when we play them, even a win won't be worth much as they'll be 100 plus RPI at years end. Other than it being a road game and worth just a bit more in the formula.
I guess the two players helped somewhat because they got 3 wins in a row and one the Puerto Rico tournament.