Rob, here is teh way too early big board for 2018

My gosh. Can you guys just leave me alone for awhile? 2017 class, spring roster, season ticket renewal for football, season basketball tickets, 4 frosh starters, assistant football coaches positions. My head is spinning and NOW you want to add 2018 football recruiting to the agenda. Geez.

Ha. It just NEVER stops. Let me know when and who Iowa hires to fill out the staff. Till then I think I'm flipping focus to Hoops.

Waggoner will be Hawk bound unless ND offers. Then we'll have a battle on our hands. Lucky for us, there could be a coaching change there next season if they struggle again.

At the pace recruiting is moving you might want to consider a '19 Board as well.

Penn State already has 8 verbals for '18 (7 four stars). Programs are just reaching out further these days with many already completing their Junior Days or holding them this weekend for next year's class. With the likely approval that will allow prospects to take official visits between April - June coupled with an earlier Dec. signing option it would seem the earlier the better.

At the pace recruiting is moving you might want to consider a '19 Board as well.

Penn State already has 8 verbals for '18 (7 four stars). Programs are just reaching out further these days with many already completing their Junior Days or holding them this weekend for next year's class. With the likely approval that will allow prospects to take official visits between April - June coupled with an earlier Dec. signing option it would seem the earlier the better.
I saw that about PSU. Geesh they aren't messing around

I saw that about PSU. Geesh they aren't messing around
The Big Ten is really interesting due to the talent and type of teams in each division. I think PSU has to do that to stay competitive in the division. The way teams are being built on each side I think dictates to a point how recruiting is handled by each team. I think Iowa would need to handle recruiting quite a bit differently if they were on the other side. Nationally that division had four teams in the top 18. Nebraska was tops on our side with the 23rd best class then Michigan state at 35. These are all off 247 by the way. Recruiting is still only one factor in success but it is interesting that the divisions shake out the way they do.

The Big Ten is really interesting due to the talent and type of teams in each division. I think PSU has to do that to stay competitive in the division. The way teams are being built on each side I think dictates to a point how recruiting is handled by each team. I think Iowa would need to handle recruiting quite a bit differently if they were on the other side. Nationally that division had four teams in the top 18. Nebraska was tops on our side with the 23rd best class then Michigan state at 35. These are all off 247 by the way. Recruiting is still only one factor in success but it is interesting that the divisions shake out the way they do.

I think all BIG programs that have had to make changes to their head coaches in the last several years have done so with a keen eye on the replacement's ability to recruit. That holds true for teams on our side of the division as well (NE, MN, IL). Add in Campbell / ISU and Kirk & staff are surrounded by some programs that likely will make it more challenging for Iowa on the recruiting trails in Iowa and the MW.......especially if some of these programs begin to trend upwards.

I would guess all those guys don't make it to KU or PSU. There will be a few flips. But still impressive for KU.