Rivalry Week

Ok,we all get the joke....I am sick of the mocking of the Purdue game. They have kicked our arse in West Lafeyette over the years,and it is a Big Ten game that is very important to the Hawks in terms of bowl pecking order.

It's not like Purdue does not have a great football tradition...Len Dawson,Mike Phipps,Mark Hermann,Everett,Orton,Brees,Painter....they have had more NFL qbs than pretty much any school in the country.

I just hope the Hawks fight like hell and win this game. Go Hawks!!

I work with a Purdue grad. He roots for ND in football and IU in b-ball. He doesn't give a flattened sh!t about teh boilerz.
That shows you how much skewl spirit purdoody instills in their grads.

who is ours?

[blank stare] ... ummm ... you know, every game is important and if you can't get yourself psyched up for the challenge of competing at the division 1 FBS level, well, ya know, maybe you shouldn't be on the field!

To answer your question specifically, our "superbowl" is Purdue, this week.

Must be a rare case Vin. I married into a boiler family and they are ready to rip me a new one when they beat iowa.

do your in-laws have a really big drum? :D
Someone needs to procure that big a$$ drum from the marching band and have the Hawks burst through that sucker for their entrance into...Jack... Boiler... Stadium. Maybe make it the trophy.

Last edited:
if Iowa loses this game, theres a good chance they dont even make a bowl trip. iowa is very capable of beating nebraska in lincoln but iowa has yet to show the consistency this year to pull off the upset, especially on the road. iowa must beat purdue to leave no doubt for a bowl game dont forget that iowa finished 6-6 just a few short years ago and stayed home for the holidays. purdue is also fighting for a bowl game, iowa must win this game.

if Iowa loses this game, theres a good chance they dont even make a bowl trip. iowa is very capable of beating nebraska in lincoln but iowa has yet to show the consistency this year to pull off the upset, especially on the road. iowa must beat purdue to leave no doubt for a bowl game dont forget that iowa finished 6-6 just a few short years ago and stayed home for the holidays. purdue is also fighting for a bowl game, iowa must win this game.

???? When did Iowa ever refuse a bowl invitation???? They stayed home @ 5-7 after losing to W. Michigan, but 6-6 stay home? I don't think so.

Latest posts