Rittenberg's top 30 BT players

PJHawk

Navorro Bowman just made his list at No. 6; who will be named the top five?

Here's my guess: Bulaga, Jared Odrick, Greg Jones, Brandon Graham, Clayborn.

Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Last edited:
If he is rating both the season and their NFL potential my guess is this

5. Bulaga (obviously will be highest drafted, had a slow year with injuries)
4. Jones (had a great season, and great career so far, not sure where he projects to the NFL)
3. Clayborn (ditto to Jones)
2. Graham (Good year, projects well to next level)
1. Odrick (Defensive player of year in a defense first league, projects well in NFL)

I'm not sure about the order, but I agree with the top 5 you both have listed. Interestingly, Rittenberg had 6 DEs in his preseason top 30 list but no Adrian Clayborn. It's amazing how one spectacular game (even though we know he has been playing at a high level for 2 years now) really can change the perception of a player.

I'm not sure about the order, but I agree with the top 5 you both have listed. Interestingly, Rittenberg had 6 DEs in his preseason top 30 list but no Adrian Clayborn. It's amazing how one spectacular game (even though we know he has been playing at a high level for 2 years now) really can change the perception of a player.

I won't say AC had been playing at that high level for two years. I thought of him as a sparkplug his freshman year, but his sophomore year, he was just a solid all-round player, not a game-changer. He had proven to me just how game-changing he could be in the Arizona game, but you are right, the national perception of him totally changed in 53 yards.

I won't say AC had been playing at that high level for two years. I thought of him as a sparkplug his freshman year, but his sophomore year, he was just a solid all-round player, not a game-changer. He had proven to me just how game-changing he could be in the Arizona game, but you are right, the national perception of him totally changed in 53 yards.

When he ran down tha AZ running back from behind that was definitely a "Wow" moment. Watched the play on DVR like 5 times.

Jones #5
Bulaga #4

Only Odrick, Graham, and Clayborn to go.

I think any one of those 3 could make a case for the top spot, but Odrick will get it since he was BT Defensive player of the year.

I think any one of those 3 could make a case for the top spot, but Odrick will get it since he was BT Defensive player of the year.

As Lee Corso would say - not so fast my friend. This is Rittenberg's list and he was on record last fall that he did not think Odrick deserve BT player of the year. An opinion which I hold as well.

Latest posts