Riley Reiff

How about this big kid from S. Dakota! He has really come up big for us especially now with Dace being out.

He did an incredible job at Tackle for BB and clearly has the confidence of Ferentz and Reese Morgan. I recall seeing Ferentz seek him out for a "good job" and a big smile on the sidelines at Penn State. They say that, though technically raw, his athleticism, sheer competitiveness and burly mean streak make him the formidable OL that he is.

Just wait til Doyle has him for another year...He will be an absolute Beast! You gotta love this kind of stuff!

C

Great post. He is one BIG reason this team has gotten it done this year. Of all the "next man in" and "stepping up" that has been done this year, I would have to say he tops my list.
Go Hawks!!!

He is very athletic and does a good job of getting to the second level to block lbs...so glad he changed his mind and came to Iowa over Nebraska.

Agree. With Dace going down, even thoughl, we do have some veteran, experienced, guards with Doering and Kuempel and Gettis.............Riley Reiff is playing very, very well right now. Our offensive line will need to play well against Indiana, because their front 4 is pretty good. Middleton?

Reiff has done a great job in there this year and I find it remarkable that he is only a freshman! I'm kind of curious what happens next year if Bulaga returns. (Which I am guessing he will.) Will Reiff automatically be moved over to the right side to fill Calloway's spot or will he stay at left guard next to Bulaga? That's one heck of left side to run behind.

Latest posts