Ricky Davis & Sean Sonderleiter in NBA-D League

Ricky once tossed the ball at an opponent's backboard on an unpressured inbound play just so he got his 10th rebound for a triple double. winner.

Ricky once tossed the ball at an opponent's backboard on an unpressured inbound play just so he got his 10th rebound for a triple double. winner.
You do know that he did not get the triple double, right? From the story linked below:

The Cavs were up by over 20 with under 10 seconds to play against the Utah Jazz and the Cavs were inbounding the ball. Ricky Davis was one rebound away from a triple-double and Ricky wanted that triple-double. He took the pass, dribbled toward his own basket, intentionally missed a shot, and grabbed the ball. Which, of course, doesn't count as a rebound, but Ricky didn't know that.

The Anniversary of Ricky Davis' Wrong-Way Triple-Double | Scene and Heard: Scene's News Blog

About 6 years ago on the original HN there was a thread about Ricky. I don't know how it started, someone probably made a comment about him not being a real hawk (which I kind of agree with) and someone made the comment "Real Hawk or not the dude has more money than most of us can dream about". My response then was look us up in 15 years and I guarantee I've got more scratch than he does.

Looks like it only took 6.

how do you know hes broke?

he is only 32 years old and could have some gas left in the tank.

About 6 years ago on the original HN there was a thread about Ricky. I don't know how it started, someone probably made a comment about him not being a real hawk (which I kind of agree with) and someone made the comment "Real Hawk or not the dude has more money than most of us can dream about". My response then was look us up in 15 years and I guarantee I've got more scratch than he does.

Only logical reason he's in the D league is because he needs the money. Wow. If I'm not mistaken he signed a 30+ million dollar contract (his second contract), not sure what his rookie contract was worth.

Too much talent, not enough heart.

Too much talent, not enough heart.

I wouldn't say that. I saw him play at Davenport North in HS. (My son played for an opponent in the Mississippi Athletic Conference then) I'd change your quote to:

"Too much talent, not enough BRAINS."

He knew he was leaving after his freshman year because he didn't attend ANY second semester classes.

I think the last I remember of Sean was the parking garage incident where he tried to leave by going over the median so he wouldn't have to pay. He was caught in the process if I remember correctly.

IIRC that thread was titled "Are you proud of Ricky Davis" and IMO was the all time dumbest thread in Iowa message board history.

Ricky made $42.8 million during his NBA career. I really hope for his sake he is playing in the D-League for the love of the game rather than money. If money is the reason (as most of us suspect) then he is like over 50% of professional athletes who are broke within 5 years of their last year.

if he needs the money he would get a medical sales job like every other ex-iowa athlete...not a $20k/yr d-league job.

Have you ever read the story about how Antione Walker blew 60 million in cash (his pay after taxes) in 6 years?

Latest posts