Rich Rod

The guy could sure recruit to Michigan, but everyone is able to recruit to Michigan.

I think this is a pretty good move by Arizona, changing the style of play to real uptempo.

He was very successful at West Virginia but the Big East is not what I would call a power conference. He will some success in the Pac 12 but I don't know if he will ever win the conference.

Not a great coach at Michigan, but people forget he was a 4th quarter upset L vs. Pittsburgh in the final week of the season away from putting West Virginia in the BCS National Championship. Not a lot of coaches can say that...and UofA just landed themself a coach that is far over-qualified for their football program. Kudos to their AD for being pro-active and pulling it off. I think RichRod will learn from the Michigan experience and be a better coach for it.

Arizona does not have a lot of football tradition. He brings a national name as well as a unique offense to that conference. Not a bad choice.

RichRod's offenses were always good. The difference is that you can't bring the 3-3-5 to a top conference and expect to compete. If he is willing to switch to a 4-3 and get a difference DC, he could have them in the Pac 10 title chase before too long. Erickson is retiring after the season and who knows what will happen at UCLA?

Rich Rod's offense will work well in the Pac-10/12 if he can recruit the athletes to run it. That's a good hire for Arizona

This is a good move by Arizona, especially with how quick they got this done. There is a good chance their neighbors at ASU will also be coach shopping this year.

Latest posts