Revisiting the Red-Shirt issue

I

Ian Pike Hammer

As Fran pointed out in his statement, we could lose 3 guys [or more!] in a single week to the virus. I say hold back the red-shirtsALL year! Depth could be the deciding factor this bizarre year!

Was the "ten game rule" that Bohannon took advantage of last season just for those who were shutting down due to an injury?

Have I been seeing headlines saying this is a freebie year regarding years of eligibility? JBo and Luka can play another year after this if they want?

If so, don't redshirt anybody, play them all. As stated the Covid and injuries will determine soem of the playing time. Let's hope we're not down to our 5 frosh before it's all said and done.

Have I been seeing headlines saying this is a freebie year regarding years of eligibility? JBo and Luka can play another year after this if they want?

If so, don't redshirt anybody, play them all. As stated the Covid and injuries will determine soem of the playing time. Let's hope we're not down to our 5 frosh before it's all said and done.

I saw that, too. Would like some confirmation one way or the other.

I think what Fran was hinting at was allowing redshirts to play at anytime during the season, not just the first ten games like
J-Bo did, as long as they don't exceed ten games.

I could, of course, be wrong.

Horrible rule. I realize that a lot of seniors won't take advantage of a chance to play for a fifth year, but there will be some, especially those who have no realistic professional aspirations. What happens to the incoming freshmen? Will squad size be increased to accommodate them? If a season is actually played, as currently planned, why extend eligibility for another year?

Horrible rule. I realize that a lot of seniors won't take advantage of a chance to play for a fifth year, but there will be some, especially those who have no realistic professional aspirations. What happens to the incoming freshmen? Will squad size be increased to accommodate them? If a season is actually played, as currently planned, why extend eligibility for another year?
Can Bohannon leave more shoes at the Hilton?

With so many unknowns down the road, they just about had to allow it. Mayb they could have waited a little longer??

Not totally unexpected, however, if he and his teammates were to fall short this year....?

Latest posts