Returning in 2015

khock

Returning
Points - 58%
Rebds - 58%
Assists - 73%
Steals - 67%

Additions
Guard - 6-4/188 - Brady Ellingson (RS-Fr)
Guard - 6-4/200 - Andrew Fleming
Guard - 6-5/190 - Christian Williams
Forward - 6-6/195 - Brandon Hutton
Forward - 6-5/175 - Isaiah Moss (listed as a F but probably more a G)
Forward - 6-7/215 - Ahmad Wagner

Lose
White and Olaseni will be hard to replace but the cupboard isn't bare. I saw someone say last night this feels like the beginning rather than the end and that feels good.

In terms of recruiting, Fran is putting his stamp on it and that is long, athletic players. Gessell and Clemmons will be Iowa's smallest players next year and both are listed at 6'2". Some will argue with the recruiting philosophy but the foundation is there.

I don't know if Iowa is a tourney team next year but I like the direction Iowa is heading.

Last edited:
Last March I projected us at 11-7 in conference this season and we went 12-6. I don't think we slip at all so I'm going with 12-6 next year. Last year we lost Marble (White), Basabe (Olaseni) and McCabe (Oglesby). If we're doing things right we'll lose key contributors every season. Next year everyone will be worrying about Uthoff, Gesell, Clemmons and Woodbury leaving. That's college basketball.

I don't think they have to prove they are a tourney team I think they have to prove they aren't. Lots of talent.

Well my early prediction would be round of 32 again. Solid core of players coming back, can improve at the point and center positions with seniors at the helm.

Uthoff will compete for 1st team B1G, Woody could push for 2nd team, but has a lot of work to do. Jok will probably enter the fray as well. I like what I'm seeing, really need to see something from the new recruits, or guard improvement to improve on this year imo.

Iowa will have a lot of experience coming back both offensively and defensively. The newcomers seem like they can add a spart both offensively and defensively to the team. I see Iowa being more of a three point shooting team that can put a lot of pressure on the other team defending the basket.

Well my early prediction would be round of 32 again. Solid core of players coming back, can improve at the point and center positions with seniors at the helm.

Uthoff will compete for 1st team B1G, Woody could push for 2nd team, but has a lot of work to do. Jok will probably enter the fray as well. I like what I'm seeing, really need to see something from the new recruits, or guard improvement to improve on this year imo.

If this happens Fran has to go. Round of 32 in back to back years is completely unacceptable.

Loads of talent coming in. So excited for Iowa bb next season already. Wish we didn't have to suffer through that other oblong ball sport to get there.

What do others think about the defensive end of the court? I don't think we lose a lot on defense. Gabe blocks some shots and White gets some steals but overall I think our defense should be just as good and potentially better next year.

I don't think they have to prove they are a tourney team I think they have to prove they aren't. Lots of talent.

To me, the big difference, next season, than 2014-2015, should be the CONTRIBUTION of the
Freshman, or RS freshman. We got very little from the frosh class, this year

Next year though, with Moss, Fleming, Hutton, Wagner and RS Baer and Ellingson, the
Iowa Hawkeyes could get a real positive burst with the infusion of young athletes.

Go Hawks

Latest posts