Rethinking the scheduling.....

scottsdalehawk

If Iowa did not travel to AZ this year and scheduled the citadel or the like at home... They would be in the drivers seat for the rose (iowa would have better BCS standing than wisky) and be about 6 millions richer?

Auburn plays 8 homers... Ohio st has been known too as well. Penn st florida.... etc do this often.with the gaunlet that is the big ten and the fact that sos means nothing in pecking order for big ten title......

The fans want the better game but I wondering if you schedule the best team you can that will not require a return visit

If Iowa did not travel to AZ this year and scheduled the citadel or the like at home... They would be in the drivers seat for the rose (iowa would have better BCS standing than wisky) and be about 6 millions richer?

Auburn plays 8 homers... Ohio st has been known too as well. Penn st florida.... etc do this often.with the gaunlet that is the big ten and the fact that sos means nothing in pecking order for big ten title......

The fans want the better game but I wondering if you schedule the best team you can that will not require a return visit

I blame the tie-breaker rules. At least the BCS rankings factor SOS into the mix. It's especially vexing b/c with only 4 out-of-conf. games you have a small sample that can vary widely in quality between teams.

As you point out, it also provides a dis-incentive to schedule a tough OOC sched. Really bogus.

Scheduling a weak team instead of Arizona brings up a good point. It seems like we have more undefeated teams later into the year the last few years (no idea if this is true or not) but my theory is that it's because teams just schedule weaker teams to make themselves look better.

And if we would've just took care of business we'd be talking BCS championship right now and probably ranked #2.

Latest posts