Resar

Good athlete. Listening to people that cover the program I got the impression that he was going to be a project getting him up to speed as a passer. I’m guessing everyone came to the conclusion that if he wants to see the field it would be at another position.

The recruiting and development of quarterbacks has been brutal the last 5 years.

Yep. As was Kevin Kasper.

Iowa has a long history of recruiting QBs, then converting them. Cooper DeJean also comes to mind.

Yes, there is a long list. Micah Hyde another former QB that could have been moved to WR but ended up excelling as a DB at Iowa.

Resar

He is 6’4 and 212 lbs. He is also a very good track athlete. His body frame and long arms do remind you of McNutt. If he puts it altogether, do I dare say he has the potential to be a more utilized Brandon Smith?

Brendan Sullivan
Marco Lainez
Jackson Stratton

That’s the quarterback room going into 2025. We will see if they go after someone in the portal to push Sullivan. The offensive line will be Stephens and Dunker, combined with a bunch of newbies. I’m just trying to get a grasp on what the offense will look like next year.

Resar

He is 6’4 and 212 lbs. He is also a very good track athlete. His body frame and long arms do remind you of McNutt. If he puts it altogether, do I dare say he has the potential to be a more utilized Brandon Smith?

Brendan Sullivan
Marco Lainez
Jackson Stratton

That’s the quarterback room going into 2025. We will see if they go after someone in the portal to push Sullivan. The offensive line will be Stephens and Dunker, combined with a bunch of newbies. I’m just trying to get a grasp on what the offense will look like next year.
What will next year's offense look like? Given the lack of returning studs on the OLine, I'm guessing lots of quick passes!

I'm not sure I was ever convinced that he was recruited to be a QB. 6'4" 212 pounds. Ran a 10.6 100 in HS. Threw for 1500 yards as a senior. Would love to have speed like his at QB, but there's more to being a QB than being able to run. Either way, I'm glad to have him. You can never have too many athletes.

Latest posts