Remember when?

revkev73

We used to banter with our neighboring fans about who would win and why? Now...20 point blow outs. Nebraska kicked your ass, in BB? The Badgers own you now on the FB field...scrimmage! 62 Yards? Total????

We used to "worry" about who might sweep in and steal our head coaches and assistant coaches? Now...don't be silly.

We used to plan our days to make the game or to make sure we were home to watch it in TV? Now...afterthoughts. (subconscious pain avoidance)

We used to hope we could get into the sweet sixteen, as a minimum? Now...not so much.

We used to be proud of Iowa's play, win or lose, the games were close, usually by pure grit and determination of the players?...Now...folding like jackknives.

Fans showed up for games, perhaps appearing sedated, but they showed up. Now...not so much.

Winning was important and exciting, now...we are focusing on academics and leadership...right.

We couldn't wait for the seasons to begin...another chance to excel...now...when will this hideous display be over?

Perhaps that is enough for now...

We used to banter with our neighboring fans about who would win and why? Now...20 point blow outs. Nebraska kicked your ass, in BB? The Badgers own you now on the FB field...scrimmage! 62 Yards? Total????

We used to "worry" about who might sweep in and steal our head coaches and assistant coaches? Now...don't be silly.

We used to plan our days to make the game or to make sure we were home to watch it in TV? Now...afterthoughts. (subconscious pain avoidance)

We used to hope we could get into the sweet sixteen, as a minimum? Now...not so much.

We used to be proud of Iowa's play, win or lose, the games were close, usually by pure grit and determination of the players?...Now...folding like jackknives.

Fans showed up for games, perhaps appearing sedated, but they showed up. Now...not so much.

Winning was important and exciting, now...we are focusing on academics and leadership...right.

We couldn't wait for the seasons to begin...another chance to excel...now...when will this hideous display be over?

Perhaps that is enough for now...
Apathy has set in. What channels are carrying the Winter Olympics? .........

Do I remember when? Barely. Seems like a different life when I actually expected Iowa to make the NCAA tournament on a regular basis. Now, I expect to be mediocre, or just suck.

Get it right man! This is Iowa who was way ahead of the curb, way ahead of the Supreme Court. Shouldn’t you have two men singing to each other?

I

The 80's were great (Football AND Basketball). Since then, overall mediocrity. If only we knew how good we had it back then, might have enjoyed it more.
That being said, Fran has done a TON to increase fanship and hope.(albeit only to disappoint this year). At least we now care enough to mention it. During Lick years, we just acted like basketball didn't exist at Iowa.

Do I remember when? Barely. Seems like a different life when I actually expected Iowa to make the NCAA tournament on a regular basis. Now, I expect to be mediocre, or just suck.

I remember when if you didn’t have a season ticket, it was harder than hell to get into a men’s BB game at Carver Hawkeye.

I remember when Selection Sunday was appointment TV to see WHERE the Hawks were going to play, not IF.

I remember when if you didn’t have a season ticket, it was harder than hell to get into a men’s BB game at Carver Hawkeye.

I remember when Selection Sunday was appointment TV to see WHERE the Hawks were going to play, not IF.
My boss was in IC during the MSU game and couldn’t make the game, he tried to give two tickets at mid court away and couldn’t. I don’t know how hard he tried, but Jesus Christ.

Do you remember when JBo was talking about final fours and other Iowa players were publicly frustrated with the lack of “respect” they were getting in preseason polls? Like people outside of Iowa actually were impressed with anything they did at the end of last year.

Those tweets did not age well.

Latest posts