remember when we said "guess I'll look forward to basketball season"?

Yep. Literally waiting for football NEXT year. Every important sport at Iowa is a mess, which would normally point some fingers at the director of said athletic programs, but shrug.

Watch a team that hustles, has emotion, and is well-coached then Iowa Hellerball is the only sport that counts.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.

I think I read somewhere that Iowa has the fewest championships off any athletic program in the last decade in the Big Ten. Northwestern is so notoriously poor that they have a cheer for losses - 'That's all right, that's ok, you'll all work for us one day!' They have better overall athletics than Iowa.

How is Steve Prohm able to recruit so much better than Fran? It should be unacceptable to every Iowa fan.

Honestly probably home game atmosphere. Ours has to hurt a ton. For as good of a fan base we have, it's crazy that Carver is so bad.

Honestly probably home game atmosphere. Ours has to hurt a ton. For as good of a fan base we have, it's crazy that Carver is so bad.

ISU should be hot garbage this year after all the players they lost. They’ve thrown that Babb kid in at PG and suddenly he’s flirting with triple doubles every night. Frustrating to watch our guards compared to theirs. Here’s hoping we are raining in threes on Thursday.

What happened? Or maybe we were just kidding ourselves, so what has happened was always going to happen, we just ignored it. They don't play defense, on ball or off ball. They can't shoot all that well, at least no one on a consistent basis. They don't take care of the basketball, they are not good ball handlers. Blocking out is apparently optional, and they don't ever elect to ever take that option. There is no go-to guy on offense, as no one can create his own shot in crunch time; really, at this point in the season, who do you have confidence in to make a must-have bucket? What the heck are they doing in practice, as they continue to do the same things, poorly, game after game. Maybe they'll get it corrected, but it doesn't feel like it right now after watching these past few games.