Remember When Melvin Gordon Was Almost A Hawkeye

"I’m not going anywhere. I’m committed to Iowa. I gave them my word and that’s it. I know a couple of schools may come at me until I sign the letter. When we start practice whenever next fall, I’ll be in Iowa City."--Melvin Gordon, August 2010

"I’m not going anywhere. I’m committed to Iowa. I gave them my word and that’s it. I know a couple of schools may come at me until I sign the letter. When we start practice whenever next fall, I’ll be in Iowa City."--Melvin Gordon, August 2010

Me thinks it was you who Gordon was talking about when he said Iowa fans quoted/heckled him last year in Kinnick.

I tip my hat to you, Jumper. Will you be in attendance again when Wisky comes to Iowa City?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...no-fan-of-back-to-back-kinnick-stadium-trips/

Last edited:
Just imagine Gordon exploding through cutback lanes in our outsize zone play .... Would be nice to get an NFL caliber RB again. Worked pretty well with Greene.

Yeah, I remember him. Isn't that the guy we decided we didn't want anyways after he committed to Wisconsin?

Me thinks it was you who Gordon was talking about when he said Iowa fans quoted/heckled him last year in Kinnick.

I tip my hat to you, Jumper. Will you be in attendance again when Wisky comes to Iowa City?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...no-fan-of-back-to-back-kinnick-stadium-trips/

That's funny stuff right there...you'll have to remember to break that back out in a few weeks. The kid admitted to being razzled in Kinnick!

“It was a rough game for me, man,â€￾ Gordon said. “I didn’t play as well as I wanted to. But the fans, man, it’s like everything I said in high school about Iowa, they had a paper right there and quoted everything from me."

“I had such a hard time with Iowa, I’m telling you. Their fans, they really got to me. I was just so upset. I was just so mad that the Iowa fans got in my head that game.â€￾

Ahhh yes, Gordon supposedly witnessed the meltdown in the Iowa lockerroom after the '10 Wisky loss therefore changing his mind and decided to go to Wisconsin.

Was that rumor ever confirmed?

Ahhh yes, Gordon supposedly witnessed the meltdown in the Iowa lockerroom after the '10 Wisky loss therefore changing his mind and decided to go to Wisconsin.

Was that rumor ever confirmed?

Take this for what it is worth (considering quotes earlier in this thread).

http://thegazette.com/2013/10/28/melvin-gordon-talks-about-spurning-iowa/

It was legend that Gordon, now a junior, told people he changed to Wisconsin because he saw a post-game locker room fight. Monday, Gordon refuted that.
"I never saw a fight," Gordon said. "I saw guys who were like upset. But no one fought. I don’t know where that came from. It definitely didn’t play a factor in my decision at all."

This isn't meant to be disrespectful to Jarrod but I'll trade Uthoff back for Gordon and declare a truce between the Hawks and Badgers.

One's character is judged more by what he does than what he says.

Latest posts