Regular Season 20-21 Final Week

eyekwah

Iowa will not win the regular B10 Season Championship but it could tie Illinois for 2nd place. Iowa has to win out and Illinois lose out. Illinois has to play @Michigan tonight, the 1st of March, and @Ohio State on Saturday. Iowa Plays Nebraska on Thursday and Wisconsin Sunday. One Iowa win would secure the 4th position in the B10 Tournament. Two wins would get Iowa into the 3 position. It probably would mean that Iowa would be at a 2 seed position for the NCAA tournament going into the B10 tourney. Iowa really needs to put a premium on the Nebraska game. It is game that has magnified in importance and they cannot afford a hangover after a huge road win.

Purdue can wrap up at least the fourth seed in the B10 tourney with a win against Wisconsin on Tuesday. Purdue has Indiana on Saturday and the Hoosier appear to be struggling again at the point guard position due to an injury. It could also end up with a three seed if Iowa were two lose one of the last two remaining games. Root for Wisconsin Tuesday. (God I hate writing that.)

If the B10 pairing were to be made today; 3/1/2021, Iowa would be the 3 seed, Illinois the 2 seed, Michigan the 1 seed, and Purdue the 4 seed. In Iowa's bracket would be MV Vs NE, WI vs [11-14 W]. If Iowa were to win the game vs WI vs [11-14 W] it would probably play Illinois. Illinois most likely end up playing Maryland in its first round. Not an easy task as Maryland has come on strong during February.

I just hope Iowa can win out.

A couple corrections. Michigan and Illinois play Tuesday. Also if Iowa loses one, they would need Purdue or Ohio state to lose a game to get the double bye. They have to win both.

You either have what it takes to win or you don’t. Yes there is an advantage to seeding but at the end of the day you either have it or you don’t.

Iowa’s last NCAA final four appearance took them through some of the best basketball teams and programs of that time. Seeding be damned. Ronnie’s injury likely cost them a National Championship. If we had a Ronnie on this team we would be favored to win it all. Alas, no Ronnie here.

However, I do strongly feel there aren’t sixteen teams in the country better than Iowa and so it would in-excusable for Iowa to not make the sweet sixteen and depending on the matchup we should have a good shot at a great eight this year.

Not to pick on the senior but I closely watched his defensive play last night and it was difficult to watch. His strong points are he gets the ball up the court without turning it over, he is good at distributing the ball, and when left wide open you can count the three.

The player from Europe needs to camp out in the weight room because we need a bruiser under the basket. He’s got the size, we just need him to be an Incredible Hulk for us.

OUCH!!! Next season with Garza gone, JBo’s ball distribution and timely three balls gone, possibly Joe W to the NBA or European league, and Nunge still recovering.

Better make the most of this season in both tournaments.

You either have what it takes to win or you don’t. Yes there is an advantage to seeding but at the end of the day you either have it or you don’t.

Iowa’s last NCAA final four appearance took them through some of the best basketball teams and programs of that time. Seeding be damned. Ronnie’s injury likely cost them a National Championship. If we had a Ronnie on this team we would be favored to win it all. Alas, no Ronnie here.

However, I do strongly feel there aren’t sixteen teams in the country better than Iowa and so it would in-excusable for Iowa to not make the sweet sixteen and depending on the matchup we should have a good shot at a great eight this year.

Not to pick on the senior but I closely watched his defensive play last night and it was difficult to watch. His strong points are he gets the ball up the court without turning it over, he is good at distributing the ball, and when left wide open you can count the three.

The player from Europe needs to camp out in the weight room because we need a bruiser under the basket. He’s got the size, we just need him to be an Incredible Hulk for us.

OUCH!!! Next season with Garza gone, JBo’s ball distribution and timely three balls gone, possibly Joe W to the NBA or European league, and Nunge still recovering.

Better make the most of this season in both tournaments.
It's a given those 3 will be gone and does Nunge have the mental fortitude to rehab yet again? The cupboard is not bare, but not a lot of experience coming back.
Gonna need Kris Murray to step up big time and Ogendele to at least be serviceable by next year. Sandfort is gonna have to be ready to go from the jump. CJ will be expected to be our leading scorer, IMO, with Keegan M. right behind. Joe T, Perkins and Uhlis will have to elevate their games.
But let's get thru this year first.

It's a given those 3 will be gone and does Nunge have the mental fortitude to rehab yet again? The cupboard is not bare, but not a lot of experience coming back.
Gonna need Kris Murray to step up big time and Ogendele to at least be serviceable by next year. Sandfort is gonna have to be ready to go from the jump. CJ will be expected to be our leading scorer, IMO, with Keegan M. right behind. Joe T, Perkins and Uhlis will have to elevate their games.
But let's get thru this year first.
Far from a given JW will be gone. The good news...If he’s gone it’s because we made a deep NCAA run and he played great.

Far from a given JW will be gone. The good news...If he’s gone it’s because we made a deep NCAA run and he played great.
I'm truly 100% sure he's playing pro next year, if not NBA, then in Europe or Asia. If he was thinking about the Association 2 years ago, he's thinking about the $ now. He knows next year's team will be far short of this year's.

He gone. He is at that point where scouts stop looking at "upside" and start nitpicking at what you can't do.

Cook was fine giving up his senior year to make any amount of money possible playing professionally. Luka wasn't fine with it. We have no idea what Joe is thinking. No everyone is in a rush to go to Europe.

I'm truly 100% sure he's playing pro next year, if not NBA, then in Europe or Asia. If he was thinking about the Association 2 years ago, he's thinking about the $ now. He knows next year's team will be far short of this year's.
It’s possible he was just getting feedback to improve. We’ll know soon enough.

He gone. He is at that point where scouts stop looking at "upside" and start nitpicking at what you can't do.
He may leave. But I don’t believe for a second scouts stop looking at talented players after their junior year.

He may leave. But I don’t believe for a second scouts stop looking at talented players after their junior year.

It is weird. They don't stop looking, but it flips, it turns into what you can do to what you can't do. You would think a year or two in age difference isn't a big deal, but it is. The difference between 22 and 20 is huge.

Last edited:
Wow! A few weeks ago in a different thread, I got ROASTED for saying I thought Weezy was not going to be here next year.

What a difference a few weeks makes .. ..

Simply my $0.02 .. ..

I agree

Wow! A few weeks ago in a different thread, I got ROASTED for saying I thought Weezy was not going to be here next year.

What a difference a few weeks makes .. ..

Simply my $0.02 .. ..
I don’t think anyone is roasting you and certainly not me. I don’t roast other posters and everyone who has been on here for any significant amount of time knows that.

All I see is different posters expressing their opinion on the matter. I for one hope you are right. Would love to see him come back for one more year.

Having said that though it appears that a lot of the points made are very, very good points and if I had to put money on it I would put my money on him leaving. Oh would I love to be wrong.