Reese vs Kaz

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Here was something I took away from Kirk: Reese is the anti-Kaz and he thinks this group needs it...he said he felt Reese would do the same good job Rick did, "if not more so"

Then kept talking about how Reese: "to me he is a builder, a guy that builds players up, helps develop in a positive way.."

Again, Kaz was a yeller..more drill sgt where Reese has a bit of a softer touch and given his experience, is probably not a one size fits all coach.

I am excited about this move. Morgan developed an outstanding dline at west high. I understand its two different levels. but he knows how to make his guys better. great coach even better person.

The hawks have and will rely on assignment football and people just simply doing their jobs. Reese is a great coach and will provide the knowledge and leadership. I think we are in good shape and I don't see us missing Kaz.

Here was something I took away from Kirk: Reese is the anti-Kaz and he thinks this group needs it...he said he felt Reese would do the same good job Rick did, "if not more so"

Then kept talking about how Reese: "to me he is a builder, a guy that builds players up, helps develop in a positive way.."

Again, Kaz was a yeller..more drill sgt where Reese has a bit of a softer touch and given his experience, is probably not a one size fits all coach.

I think the most telling part of the transcript is question and answer:

Q. Does moving Reese (Morgan) have anything to do with who you’re maybe trying to bring in on offense?
COACH FERENTZ: We wouldn’t have done that if we didn’t feel like we had options, options that might work out. Again, there were guys on the defensive front that I think would have been really good here, too. We’ll just kind of see where it goes here, but I think we have options at every position if we have to. Hopefully we don’t.

We all know Kirk is not dumb. The man says very little , but he is like a duck. All looks calm above the surface but the wheels are going a mile a minute under the water. He has someone in mind (most likely his son) and is fairly confident they will have some one to fill the position and won't be worried about their performance from day one. He also points to the need of help with the d-line. I know I have always thought Kirk also lends a hand with the o-line from time to time and I would think that would continue, especially with a new hire for the position coach.

Thought the same thing Jon. His response to that question was interesting. I really think he transitioned Morgan to build those guys up and to be a mentor for Brian.

Reese was my 9th grade phys ed teacher a long time ago. He is one of the finest persons I've ever met. He treated every kid with respect. It didn't matter if you were a super jock or the last kid picked for the team, he seemed to genuinely liked you. I think the players are going to love being coached by him.

I see Reese Morgan as an easy fit as defensive line coach with all of his experience and the fact that the offensive line works closely with the defensive line. Some people sell Morgan short because he wasn’t instantly as successful as Philbin on the offensive line. Living up to the standard of the 2001 & 2002 offensive line was one tall order.

All KF said is that is going to be the most inexperienced group and there is a lot of work to do with that unit and said Reese likes to teach in those situations.

My take is he knew Reese won't have to worry about another job in the future and wouldn't stress too bad having to work with such an empty cupboard.

agreed. heard you point this out on kxno. i too thought his comment stuck out like a sore thumb when i heard it during that press conference.

of course, he took the high road when talking about kaz himself, as he always does - pure class.

agreed. heard you point this out on kxno. i too thought his comment stuck out like a sore thumb when i heard it during that press conference.

of course, he took the high road when talking about kaz himself, as he always does - pure class.

The impression I get is Kaz was an excellent technician. Bringing along younger and sometimes less talented players who weren't getting it, might have been a sore point though.

They are going to need someone with insane patience over the next couple if years at that position. By referring to 2000-2001 and 2006-2007, you know KF has gone into rebuild mode. This means the most important thing is to keep the team intact over the next year.

Latest posts