Recruits at Game

IowaHawk24

I saw Oglesby, Hubbard, and Cezar sitting together. Was the 4th kid sitting with them a recruit or a friend tagging along? Its great to see those guys interacting and taking in a big win. The atmosphere was the best of the year in my opinion.

Were any other recruits at the game?

I thought I saw Washpun there. That got me thinking...if Washpun is being pursued by the staff but he is not the #1 option that could make it awkward for Oglesby. Oglesby trying to persaude Cezar to committing might destroy the chance of Washpun getting an offer.

Pure speculation but I found it interesting.

I hope all of our potential recruits saw the game - lots of positives.

How was the TV coverage? Were they highlighting a lot of the positives of the program?

I saw Oglesby, Hubbard, and Cezar sitting together. Was the 4th kid sitting with them a recruit or a friend tagging along? Its great to see those guys interacting and taking in a big win. The atmosphere was the best of the year in my opinion.

Were any other recruits at the game?

I thought I saw Washpun there. That got me thinking...if Washpun is being pursued by the staff but he is not the #1 option that could make it awkward for Oglesby. Oglesby trying to persaude Cezar to committing might destroy the chance of Washpun getting an offer.

Pure speculation but I found it interesting.

I hope all of our potential recruits saw the game - lots of positives.

How was the TV coverage? Were they highlighting a lot of the positives of the program?

The TV coverage was, in my opinion, decidedly good for Iowa.

I have to say that ESPN went out of their way to put a positibe spin on Iowa throughout the whole game. I was very impressed with the announcers. They all thought Iowa is on its way back to very good team again.

Dan Dakich is a great addition to ESPN. He knew what was up with all our players and as a coach he offers great insight. When he coached at Bowling Green he had a radio show and he can be hilarious. He still calls in weekly to the Toledo ESPN radio show. Very entertaining, even for a hoosier.

A JUCO from Maryland named Tony Hubbard was sitting by Oglesby. Jeremy Morgan (2013), 6'3 guard from Iowa City West/Iowa Barnstormers was there, and Jalen Jones (2014), 6'3 small forward from Clinton/Iowa Barnstormers was also there.

I don't think that Wes Washpun was there, but maybe he was.

The fans did their part for the recruits too. There were a few chants for Cezar. But once they got started there was action in the game that ended them too quickly. Still, Cezar definitely knew it.

Dan Dakich is a great addition to ESPN. He knew what was up with all our players and as a coach he offers great insight. When he coached at Bowling Green he had a radio show and he can be hilarious. He still calls in weekly to the Toledo ESPN radio show. Very entertaining, even for a hoosier.

Really? Did you catch where he said Oglesby was from? Can't stand listening too him too much is all about him, but what is the radio station he is on? I am around the Toledo area and may be able to get it? If it is a funny show, i'm in.

Really? Did you catch where he said Oglesby was from? Can't stand listening too him too much is all about him, but what is the radio station he is on? I am around the Toledo area and may be able to get it? If it is a funny show, i'm in.

I caught that slip up, but other than that I thought he did a great job.

I agree that the coverage by ESPN was good but they must use the same scouting service that BTN does. The said the same "if May is good, Iowa is good" line that the BTN has been using all season. I found this odd considering May hasn't been in the starting lineup for a week or so.

Not knocking May, just thought it was curious.

I agree that the coverage by ESPN was good but they must use the same scouting service that BTN does. The said the same "if May is good, Iowa is good" line that the BTN has been using all season. I found this odd considering May hasn't been in the starting lineup for a week or so.

Not knocking May, just thought it was curious.

Well they mentioned a stat that kind of backs up that claim. Prior to last night, May averaged 11 ppg in our Big Ten wins, and just 4 ppg in the losses. And we are better when he's aggressive. He picked up his game when Cartwright went out. It didn't show that much in the stat book, but he was a key contributor last night. I thought we were dead in the water when Cartwright went down.