Recruiting

HawkeyeWeb

Is it possible that tOSU's troubles could actually hurt Iowa's recruiting? Iowa has gotten some pretty solid second-tier players out of Ohio. I'm wondering if more "prominent" programs will be swooping in and taking the top-tier players from Ohio forcing tOSU to offer those second-tier players we used to get. I'm hoping, though, that the top-tier Ohio players want to stay in the Big 10 and player for a solid program and a solid coach at IOWA.

I'm kinda worried about this as well. There is top-tier talent in the state of Ohio, and this is going to make the competition ever harder.

As long as KF and Co. keep an open mind they will be fine. If the others come to Ohio they will be leaving other areas unprotected as well.

Could be an issue,but I still think these top recruits,if they pass on OSU,will probably still want to play in the Big Ten...if we are a fixture in the Big Ten title game...that will sell. There was a top 5 offensive lineman from Lakewood,Ohio,who was down to Iowa,Mich and OSU...committed to OSU awhile ago,and was ready to open back up until Luke Fickell called him and convinced him to stay with OSU. Too bad,could have been a big pickup for Iowa.

We seem to be doing fine whether we get Ohio recruits or recruits from Florida, Texas, Missouri, Illinois. We had a top 25 year last year and this year will be better in terms of quality. We may not come close to top 25 because of the number of recruits we get this year. I think it will be 18-19.

Latest posts