recruiting thoughts...

Does it appear that Kirk and the coaches have started recruiting solely on size the last few years? I think that we have become enamored with height and projected weights and are starting to miss on the smaller playmakers that other teams are hitting upon. Maybe Kirk has put too much emphasis on what he believes that Doyle can do? I would even state that most sideline shots lately show Doyle standing next to Kirk.

Is it even slightly strange that Ferentz made such a big deal on offering the scholly to Canzeri, stating that he didn't want to miss that opportunity ala Danny Woodhead?

It appears to me that we are getting the taller stronger athletes (regardless of stars) at the expense of missing out on those with the speed, quickness, heart and desire that made us successful earlier in his tenure.

that is a good question. I had a ten minute search trying to locate it. Who is Bonanza hawk?
That being said, I am now more than ever sure that that is what is killing the football recruiting and our chances of competing in d1 football. You look at Garmon and he needs at least a year of weight training and putting on 20+ lbs before he is going to be effective. Now, you look at some 5'8"- 5'10" burners that are ready to play and we are a different team.

Latest posts