Recruiting Hype vs Reality

eyekwah

Since we are near "national signing day" for college football it is always good to put into perspective that recruits come with no guarantee that they will be successful in college or after college. The linked article has an interesting stat, Of the players on the two superbowl teams only 61% of the players were top 500 recruits in the year they graduated from high school. Most were 3 star or less recruits coming out of high school.
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-starters-were-rated-as-high-school-recruits/

Since we are near "national signing day" for college football it is always good to put into perspective that recruits come with no guarantee that they will be successful in college or after college. The linked article has an interesting stat, Of the players on the two superbowl teams only 61% of the players were top 500 recruits in the year they graduated from high school. Most were 3 star or less recruits coming out of high school.
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-starters-were-rated-as-high-school-recruits/
Yes, not relevant, although I am sure it makes the kool-aid drinkers feel good about another so-so recruiting class. Now tell me how many two/three stars are starting for Bama, or Clemson....or Ohio State.

We get it, you can't give credit where credit is due, you don't have to remind us.
Seriously, what makes you think this is a good class? Right now, 24/7 has them #37, Rivals #38 (one position in front of a 3 win ISU team!), Scout #41. Credit where credit is due?!!!! You are getting whizzed on and someone in the athletic office told you to enjoy the nice rain!

Please see the link I posted in the recruiting thread--it addresses this absurdity.

Seriously, what makes you think this is a good class? Right now, 24/7 has them #37, Rivals #38 (one position in front of a 3 win ISU team!), Scout #41. Credit where credit is due?!!!! You are getting whizzed on and someone in the athletic office told you to enjoy the nice rain!

Lol you are quoting scouts, the same scouts that picked the top players who aren't playing pro.

well obviously there will be less 5* and 4* than 3* because there are so many more 3 star players than 4 and 5*. Even if all the 5 star players in a class make it to the NFL, there will still be more 3 star players because of sheer numbers. It shows a 3 star can still be successful, but I am sure 5* and 4* have a higher % success rate.

This post is not an indictment on this years recruiting class, I actually like how this class is shaping up (but would like to see recruiting *continue to* improve).

Last edited:
What are you 13? That was just one step up from; " I know you are, but what am I?"

Dude. It's a message board. About sports. Played by guys probably younger than you. Yes, if you get this worked up over come sports with no involvement in the team, then I don't know what to say.

Latest posts