RB next year

franstheman

Of course weisman and daniels are complimented well by canzeri but none of these 3 are real well rounded with the possible exception of LeShun as we'll have to see how he develops. I would assume Bullock will fall out of the RB rotation as we have better options now.

Jonathan Parker and Akrum Wadley are smaller shifty guys who redshirted. Possible switch to reciever for one of these guys.

The true frosh will be CJ hilliard who's rankes #17 RB on scout and 4 star Markel Smith. Smith is big with power, speed and hands.

Imo we see more Weisman at fb, more daniels in general and if I had to guess on a newcomer to the rotation it might be Markel. Also listen for Akrum Wadley to make a name for himself in the backfield.

How do y'all see this working out?

Kirk has gone out of his way to compliment Cox & Plewa's play at FB. He views FB as the 6th spot on the OL and therefore vital to Iowa's offense. I just don't see him moving 45 back to FB when Cox & Plewa playing at a high level.

45 runs the ball well and Kirk's FB is a blocker first and a receiver out of the backfield/ runner a distant second. Not much sense in Iowa's offense to move him to FB.

Don't know, but its got to include more Canzeri than the first two thirds of the season did. He' not the message boards legend, but he proved himself to be very good at times. If he doesn't get hurt, would be nice to see his per game carries for the season resemble what they've been lately.

Here is my absolutely random guesses:

By carries
JC/Weisman
Daniels
Wadley

Bullock to fulltime WR
Parker to part time WR and kick off returns
Hilliard to CB
Smith redshirt
Hill transfers
Malloy no longer with the team

Here is my absolutely random guesses:

By carries
JC/Weisman
Daniels
Wadley

Bullock to fulltime WR
Parker to part time WR and kick off returns
Hilliard to CB
Smith redshirt
Hill transfers
Malloy no longer with the team

Interesting predictions.

And to clarify I think Parker is a WR/RB/KR for the next two years until he finds a fulltime spot or recruiting dictates which way he goes.

yoursign_zpsa995db92.jpg

I wouldn't be so sure that Bullock won't continue to play RB. I think his receiving skills and competent blocking make him a very good 3rd down option.

Honestly, I don't think they will move him either. I just kind of hope they do. I love his attitude and the way he gets after things. I actually want to see him on the field more, which is why I think the coaches could bolster a group that seems to be lacking with a guy who plays really well in space.

And for anyone who thinks he wouldn't be any good as a WR, have you seen some of the stone hands we have out there.:)

I am sure Bullock is a good all around back and catches ball well. However, the one drop I remember was the screen pass against NIU. If he catches that, it is probably six points and an Iowa win.

While Weisman, Bullock and JC all banged up a bit, Iowa escaped severe injuries for most part. The depth at RB will come is a safeguard. I think Parker and Wadley may see time at WR or other positions next year.

Wasn't to long ago we didn't know if we had one healthy RB.Now we apparently have to many to some eyes on here.LOL

I don't see Bullock being strictly a WR, but his carries will definitely diminish. He catches the ball well, but they'll need him to carry the ball some to keep the defenses honest with him lining up at tailback. Weisman is definitely a RB but I don't think he's going to be getting 30 carries against Eastern Michigan anymore. I think Canzeri has established himself to be one of the primary backs along with Weisman. Leshun Daniels is interesting. If he comes out the gate tearing it up, it'll be hard to keep playing Weisman over Leshun between the 20's. Weisman is still their best goal line back. I don't think Hill or Malloy ever see the field and probably end up transferring or changing positions. Now all this could change when Smith and Hilliard get on campus as they're supposed be pretty darn good, especially Smith from what I've read and heard.

It's hard to see Parker or Wadley getting many carries. I definitely foresee a switch to WR for at least one of those guys. They have speed which is needed at the WR position.

We have four (?) freshman WR who are currently redshirting, so its not like there is room there either.

Well, too many guys would be a great problem to have.

I must be one of the few that actually enjoys seeing Bullock at RB. I'm just happy that we've got a good group of guys returning.

I just hope we don't burn Smith and Hilliards redshirts for a stupid game. That 1 2 punch could be sweet in the future

Latest posts