Ratio of Iowa fans to ISU fans?

DunderMifflinHk

I was debating this with a Cyclone fan the other day. What do you think the ratio of Iowa fans to ISU fans is in the state of Iowa? I estimated it was 75% Hawks to 25% Cyclones? What do you think?

Last edited:
I was debating this with a Cyclone fan the other day. What do you think the ratio of Iowa fans to ISU fans is in the state of Iowa? I estimated Iowa was 75% Hawks to 25% Cyclones? What do you think?

probably 60-40ish. ISU has been narrowing the gap in recent years

Not sure what it is statewide ... but in Eastern Iowa, it is not close.

it has to be 80-20 Hawkeyes.

A trained eye can tell.

You see some Clones shirts the days immediately following an ISU win (especially over Iowa) ...

but you see an abundance Iowa shirts EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Of course, I'm married to one of the ISU people (and another is one of my top drinking buddies).

Central Iowa is extremely narrow. In fact, I feel outnumbered sometimes when I'm out at restaurants and shopping areas. Clown fans represent fairly well around here. Outside of the 45 mile clown radius from Ames, it's still a Hawkeye State by a decent margin. I would say 70-30 or at worst 65-35.

In the counties within 30 miles of Ames, maybe.

Otherwise, not even close. If you're talking globally... 3 or 4-1. Easily. EASILY.

Only the shallowest and most delusional of clones (yeah, I know that's somewhat redundant) could convince themselves otherwise. But that's part of their DNA...the endless search for self-validation. And the measuring stick..is always IOWA.

In the counties within 30 miles of Ames, maybe.

Otherwise, not even close. If you're talking globally... 3 or 4-1. Easily. EASILY.

Only the shallowest and most delusional of clones (yeah, I know that's somewhat redundant) could convince themselves otherwise. But that's part of their DNA...the endless search for self-validation. And the measuring stick..is always IOWA.

Excellent input thank you for your time

Please tell me you're kidding? Or have been drinking heavily? It's probably not even 60-40 20 miles outside of Ames. You're seriously delusional if you think the state as a whole is even remotely close to 60-40. In Eastern Iowa you'd be lucky to find 2 clowns for every 10 hawk fans. Hell, my bro and his wife are the only clown fans I've seen in the Tipton area and I lived there for 20+ years.

There's a lot of people from eastern Iowa claiming there are a lot more Hawk fans. We get it your from eastern Iowa where obviously a lot more Hawk fans

Here in DSM it is sadly getting closet and closer like Norwalk said. Those morons are everywhere. It's the hip new thing to cheer for those inbreds. When I am out in the town or take longer drives I like to play a game where I count hawk car logos compared to the doucher logos. The good guys normally win this one but it is often close.

They are like that car stench in Seinfeld that just will not go away no matter what you do. The abominal stench that is isu.

Well lets use some Cyclone "logic." Only people that went to Iowa State cheer for Iowa State. This is what makes their fan base so much more "devoted" than Iowa's fan base. Looking at years 2001-2010 the average number of students entering ISU is ~5,500. Now lets say that 50% are from the state of Iowa so they automatically cheer for ISU. The other 50% they attempt to brainwash and get 25% to cheer for ISU. So that means every year they get about 4,100 fans. Now because we are talking about just Iowa we need to make an assumption about how many stay in Iowa. Lets take a guess of about 80%, this means each year they get 3,300 fans in Iowa. Well Iowa has a little more than 3 million people and the number of students is larger than 20+ years ago. ISU was founded in 1858 but lets say anyone who attended school there before 1940 has passed away as this would put them close to 90. So we have 73 years of school * 1,500 students (pulled this out of thin air to average # of students over that 73 years that stayed in Iowa). That means there is only like 110,000 ISU fans in the state of Iowa. So we are talking more like 4% ISU fans to 96% Iowa fans.

This once again is off the assumption that ISU fans claim their fans went to ISU and most hawk fans never step foot on Iowa's campus. Thoughts?

Latest posts